Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Going camping in VA, travelling through MD and DE

So this weekend I'm heading down to the VA part of the Peninsula to do some camping with friends. I'd like to CC while there (super isolated area, not a lot of security at the campground, etc.), but I wanted to run it by you guys and gals to see if you had any experience carrying in Virginia State Parks. I know how much of a nightmare Maryland is, and I know that DE doesn't have a reciprocity agreement with PA yet, so I'll probably just unload and case my weapon on the drive down and only CC when I'm actually in Virginia.

Thoughts?

(McKean County)

Default Re: Going camping in VA, travelling through MD and DE

When folks line up for discussions on law, I am not anywhere near the front of the line.

I did find this
    http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia...r7/18-2-287-4/

18.2-287.4 Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Hope this helps.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

For future trips to/through DE you could get a license or permit to carry from a state that DE does have reciprocity with like UT or AZ.

(Jefferson County)

All of DE, except I think Dover, open carry is lawful without a license. While in a vehicle it is advised to "dash carry" so that the gun is in plain sight. Just Avoid Dover if you can.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    For future trips to/through DE you could get a license or permit to carry from a state that DE does have reciprocity with like UT or AZ.
    Also FL