Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 870 an Winchester ammo

Anybody have trouble with cheap Winchester ammo in their

870 Express

870 Wingmaster

Friend having trouble with the his express and he wants to sell the Winchester ammo .... I Have a Wingmaster and don't remember having trouble with any ammo ??

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: 870 an Winchester ammo

Yes..on several levels.

I love WW rifle brass, but their shotshells never patterned well for me despite being valued by reloaders.

...and the value packs with the cheap steel or (aluminum?) bases are notorious for sticking in chambers. The 870 express guns are also kind of tight and need some 800 grit wet/dry paper work, but I also had an occasional Wnchester round stick in my 1100 until I ramped up the extractor spring and polished the chamber.

Lycancommonthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Yes..on several levels.

I love WW rifle brass, but their shotshells never patterned well for me despite being valued by reloaders.

...and the value packs with the cheap steel or (aluminum?) bases are notorious for sticking in chambers. The 870 express guns are also kind of tight and need some 800 grit wet/dry paper work, but I also had an occasional Wnchester round stick in my 1100 until I ramped up the extractor spring and polished the chamber.

Lycancommonthrope
    Pretty much this. Out of many many rounds(thousands) through my 1100, I've never experience any failures, other than about 15-20 when I tried to run 50 rounds of bulk winchester through it.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Yes..on several levels.

Lycancommonthrope
    Just had this happen in my 930 the other week (using the Winchester shot shells mentioned above)

(Beaver County)

Winchester Universal is shit. I do my rapid fire at about 20 feet shooting at 12x19 cardboard targets and the shot is all over it. Terrible patterns and my 870 Tactical and 930 SPX have had ejections issues with it too. I was trying to use it up and by the time it was all gone I had three FTEs out of the 100 rounds. I've shot probably two or three times that of Federal Top Gun with no such issues since I got my 930 last year. No FTFs and they all went bang but the extraction issues annoyed me enough that I'll stick with Federal if I want something cheap for wasting ammo on mag dumps.