Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Gander Mountain Sucks.

I ordered a S&W M&P45 online from an online store. This was my first time doing this. I checked the local FFL dealers and they had Gander Mountain highlighted, meaning they've dealt with them before, so I didn't have to contact an FFL and have them send any information, I could just order it and have it sent there.

The tracking number shows that is got there on Saturday afternoon. I was expecting a call Saturday evening, maybe Sunday morning. I didn't hear anything. I went in Sunday afternoon hoping to leave with my new M&P45. They told me the lady who checks in the firearms doesn't work weekends. Annoying, but fine, whatever. They said I'll receive a call Monday (today).

Didn't hear anything all day. I call at 5:30, hoping I can pick it up on my way home from work. I got put on on hold for 10 minutes. I hang up and call again at 6:00. I'm put on hold again for 15 minutes.

I get home from work around 7:30. I decided to call once more. I'm put on hold for 5 minutes, but finally I get to talk to somebody. They told me the lady who checks them in wasn't in today... So apparently, I can't get my gun until she shows up to work. This is turning out to be annoying... Then he says "ohh, and were you told our transfer fee from FFL to FFL is $75?"...... uh no... nobody told me. Not even the first time when I called them LAST WEEK to tell them I had a firearm shipped to them.

Will I ever see my M&P? I guess we'll have to find out, whenever this mysterious lady shows up to work. Is she on vacation? In the hospital? That's fine... have another employee who can check the damn things in. But one person.... who hasn't been there for three days?

Not to mention, the had an SKS there for fucking $600!!!!!!!!

Is this normal? Or am I over reacting? I'm really frustrated. I just want my fucking gun. They've told me "tomorrow" two days in a row.

I've never really liked going to Gander Mountain because of their prices, but when I saw the online dealer already had their information, I felt it just made it easier for me. It's turning into a pain in the ass. I'll likely never use Gander Mountain for anything after this.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain Sucks.

I refuse to do business with Gander Mtn ever since they refused to honor their advertised price for an LCP! I ended up purchasing the LCP w/ the Lasermax system at my LGS for cheaper than what Gander wanted. When I tried contacting somebody about the pricing issue, they just put me on hold, never replied to my emails and deleted my posts off of their FB wall. Great customer service!

(Centre County)

I met another forum member at a gander mt. To transfer a firearm I bought through the classifides. It was about half way for both of us, so I didn't mind. My jaw dropped when they charged me $50 to transfer the pistol. That was almost 2 years ago. I have no plans of ever going back.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, GM is not the first place to go shopping, but they have no probs selling to the general populace. Local GM here sold their $600.00 WASR super fast. For that matter, ALL of the LGSs around here have sold out of $600.00 WASRs despite Dunham's being plentiful here.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Dauphin County)

man o man i pick up my mossberg this friday they have a 90 day layaway there i never thought to ask about any ffl fees when i put money down on it if they charge me more then 20 bucks ill never shop there again and ill call the corprat office

Do your self a favor and find a local gun shop. Spend lots of time there. Stop in and have a coffee and talk about deer hunting. Buy guns even if they are a little higher than elsewhere. You will start seeing the owner/employees at shooting ranges. Shoot the breeze. Buy archery equipment from them etc...Do this enough and you build a relationship with folks. Eventually, if you find a gun online, you can give him the price....if he can beat it, buy it from him....if it is a smoking deal, they will beat you on the head for fifteen or twenty bucks to do a transfer...You couldn't pay me to deal with a big box store when there are little guys trying to make a living who still give a shit about the customer.
    Jules

(Clinton County)

I share the hatred for GM. The last time I ever went to that shit hole was to see what they had for magazines for my lcp. Walked over to the gun section, started looking around and an older gentlemen in his 60's walked up to me and asked if I needed help finding anything. This is how the conversation went.

Me:
    Sure, I'm looking for an extra magazine for my lcp.

GM clown:
    You mean clips.

Me:
    No, it takes magazines, my SKS takes clips.

GM clown:
    We call them clips here, you read a magazine.

Me:
    Do you know the difference between a clip and a magazine?

GM clown:
    *confused look*

Me:
    An M1 Garand takes clips, and M1A takes a magazine.

GM clown:
    Oh, we don't carry stuff for assault rifles.

Me:
    *looking around* is there anyone here that can help me that knows what they're talking about?

Other customer behind me:
    *chuckles as he listens to our conversation*

I then took my money and left. I wasn't expecting a stellar experience when I went out on a limb that day by going to GM. I left feeling like I was at Advanced Auto asking the "experts" what kind of air filter I needed for my truck. I spend all my money at the local shop in my town from now on.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Cumberland County)

I have a feeling it's going to be a few days until I can get my M&P. I just don't understand why there is only one person in the entire store that can check in a firearm.

I just sent my Glock 19 slide and barrel to Florida to have the EXO coating put on them. If I get them back before I have my M&P, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

I'm not the kind of guy who flips out and yells and tries to get my own way, so I really don't want it to lead to that. I work in a customer service related business. I don't want to be a crazy customer. But I just think this is ridiculous.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    man o man i pick up my mossberg this friday they have a 90 day layaway there i never thought to ask about any ffl fees when i put money down on it if they charge me more then 20 bucks ill never shop there again and ill call the corprat office
    Any dealer/ffl that charges you $20 for buying a gun from their stock is someone you should never go back to.

The PICS is the only charge they incur and is the only charge they should be passing on to you.
    Any other fees are simply padding their wallets.

$5 max on the pics fee should be it.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Any dealer/ffl that charges you $20 for buying a gun from their stock is someone you should never go back to.

The PICS is the only charge they incur and is the only charge they should be passing on to you.
    Any other fees are simply padding their wallets.

$5 max on the pics fee should be it.
    For small shops, it depends on who you are. I know at my shop I can expect to only pay for the pics check. But I spend lots of money there and we are on a first name basis. For someone who never spends money there I would think a small fee is reasonable. Like others have said, build your reputation, most gun stores treat frequent customers better. GM is just a corporation with a lot of overhead costs and not enough one on one relationships with their customers.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast