Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default C&R Address change

Anyone ever move while holding a C&R license?

I am moving and need to change my address with the ATF. I called the PA firearms field office and they told me to fill out form 5300.38 and send in my original license.

I got the form and started filling it out, but it is asking questions about business premises. Well, the C&R is not a business license.

So I called the # on the form and the guy there (West VA), told me that I just need to send a letter stating the address change and send the original copy of the license.

Here are the questions I had about the form:

1. It's asking for business name and hours. I am not a business, just a C&R collector. Do I leave those sections blank or do I put N/A?
    2. It asks if there are any special zoning/taxes/etc for doing business at this property. The only options are yes or no. I'm not doing business, so what do I put?
    3. Below the questions about zoning and taxes, it has a place to sign and then a section next to it that says Title. What goes in the Title field?

WTF do I do? I'm thinking about sending the form filled out to the best of my ability AND sending a letter explaining what I need done.

Also, can I move into the new house and take the guns with me or do I have to have the license changed before I move the guns? I will not be doing any purchasing of C&R (or any) firearms for a while due to the expenses of moving.
    Last edited by WWGunslinger; June 11th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: C&R Address change

I just moved, I put "n/a" in the hours and wrote in "n/a collecting only" for those questions that didn't apply and didn't check yes or no.

You can move your guns to your new house, but you can't use your C&R license until you get a new one reflecting your new addresss.

I got my updated license in the mail a couple days after moving into the new place.