Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default No Carry at Harrisburg gun show

So I stopped by the gun show today in Harrisburg. It was really not that good.

The thing that really grabbed my attention though was the sign at the entrance that said "No Loaded Guns inside the Show". I had to walk all the way back to my car to secure my firearm and walk all the way back to get in. When I paid my entrance fee I told the hand stamper, "Its pretty sad when you can't carry a gun to a gun show in America." She first gave me a blank stare and then said, "nobody said you couldn't carry a gun." To this I replied, "what use is an unloaded gun?" Just another blank stare.

Now I have only been to 1 gun show before and I was not carrying so I might not have noticed this. Is this normal for gun shows? I guess I assumed that people running a gun show would be more accepting of individual gun rights. I must be naive.

...and the NRA booth is right next to the whole situation and they should be advocating for the gun rights.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: No Carry at Harrisburg gun show

I dont understand this concept. Lots of guns and ammo inside yet you cant carry your own firearm loaded on your hip? thats just silly. whats to stop one from cutting the little cable tie after you get in and then loading it again lol
    Gott mit uns

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerh4ppy View Post
    I dont understand this concept. Lots of guns and ammo inside yet you cant carry your own firearm loaded on your hip? thats just silly. whats to stop one from cutting the little cable tie after you get in and then loading it again lol
    So this IS normal?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    So I stopped by the gun show today in Harrisburg. It was really not that good.

The thing that really grabbed my attention though was the sign at the entrance that said "No Loaded Guns inside the Show". I had to walk all the way back to my car to secure my firearm and walk all the way back to get in. When I paid my entrance fee I told the hand stamper, "Its pretty sad when you can't carry a gun to a gun show in America." She first gave me a blank stare and then said, "nobody said you couldn't carry a gun." To this I replied, "what use is an unloaded gun?" Just another blank stare.

Now I have only been to 1 gun show before and I was not carrying so I might not have noticed this. Is this normal for gun shows? I guess I assumed that people running a gun show would be more accepting of individual gun rights. I must be naive.

...and the NRA booth is right next to the whole situation and they should be advocating for the gun rights.
    She has a point.:D
    I don't know about gun shows in other parts of the state but all the shows I have been to in SEPA have been posted with no loaded guns.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

whats to stop someone from concealing and shutting their mouth about it, its not like they wand you.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    whats to stop someone from concealing and shutting their mouth about it, its not like they wand you.
    Personal integrity.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Personal integrity.
    And the fact that I would then be trespassing. I don't question their right to prohibit me from carrying, but I do question the motives and the silliness of the whole concept.

(York County)

I've OC'ed in there at shows. They usually just ask if I'm going to be taking it out. I say nope and in I go.

(Lancaster County)

Also, they only check you when you enter. Who's to say somebody can not purchase a firearm, then buy some ammo and load the gun? If somebody wanted to do something really stupid at a gun show they will be able to do it regardless of the silly rules.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Personal integrity.
    Whoa Francis.........................so personal integrity trumps personal safety in the numerous defenseless victim zones?

I think not!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast