Went out to Scotia Range this morning and when I got to the range Road, there was a large Road Closed Sign with a couple of orange cones at the entrance. The sign and cones were moved out of the center of the road and I could tell that traffic has just been going around the sign so I decided to venture back towards the range. I was back at the range 2 weekends ago and the signs were not there and they were not working on the road. It appears that they are grading the road. The road has been in need of repair due the amount of potholes. Anyway, I get back to the range, there was a large cement barrier blocking the entrance down to the parking behind the auxiliary ranges.

Does anyone have any idea if the range is closed or why was the cement barrier there? Or When the road will officially open back up again? Does the game commission have a place where they post range closure/announcements?

I got the range at about 7:40 and parked outside the range and looked around, I had the chance to collect a shit ton of brass. I picked up about 150 .40 SW and about 75 45acp cases. I guess some people don't believe in policing their brass. The target stands all seemed to be in decent shape at the auxiliary ranges and there was no trash at either ranges so that is always great seeing people clean up after themselves.