Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Hunters United For Sunday Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I for one think those who claim objection on religious grounds are full of s*** and have no comprehension or appreciation of hunting at all. What could possibly be more appropriate as religious exercise than hunting? It's perfect for prayer or meditation and reading. I actually bring a Gideon Bible in my shirt pocket and read it a bit while I'm out there. It's well removed from all distraction and puts you in the middle of natural creation, and you're actually hoping to receive something to eat directly from it, as if being fed directly by God Himself. You think about your imperfections versus being perfectly still, quiet, and deserving of reward of your efforts--faith and perseverance take on meaning generally not found elsewhere. That's a lot more religious and spiritually relevant to me than 50-90%+ mornings I've spent in church.
    How does that saying go? Some people go to chuch and think about hunting. Others go hunting and give thanks to the Lord.

(Washington County)

An update:

As we hope you know, we intend to challenge the Sunday hunting closure law in court.

We intend to do that by making the state recognize that hunting is a right in PA and not the privilege as its being treated.
    While rights are subject to reasonable regulation, we believe this is an unlawful law.
    Our first Constitution said in SECT. 43. The inhabitants of this state shall have liberty to fowl and hunt in seasonable times on the lands they hold, and on all other lands therein not inclosed; and in like manner to fish in all boatable waters, and others not private property

Each newer version has a statement similar to the one in 1790.
    SCHEDULE from 1790
    That no inconvenience may arise from the Alterations and Amendments in the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and in order to carry the same into complete operation, it is hereby declared and ordained, Of former laws, proceedings and contracts.
    I. That all laws of this commonwealth, in force at the time of making the said alterations and amendments in the said Constitution, and not inconsistent therewith, and all rights, actions, prosecutions, claims and contracts, as well of individuals as of bodies corporate, shall continue as if the said alterations and amendments had not been made.

Simply, we still have the RIGHT to hunt; but we must show this in court. We need your help to do that; so we have to fund raise between now and the time this goes to court. We are trying to reach a short term goal of $15,000 total raised by July 4th. We have currently raised $12,000. Our total goal is a minimum raised of $70,000 but we don't need that all at once.

If you have already given, THANK YOU! We ask that you try to get at least one friend to donate too.
    If you haven't, please consider a donation now. We want all of our supporters to one day be able to say to their children or grandchildren that they had an active role in restoring the right to hunt and fish in PA, and to be able to say "There was once a ban on Sunday Hunting,. I am part of the reason this ban was removed. I also cared enough to restore hunting and fishing as a RIGHT in PA."

Please donate now. With PAYPAL

http://www.huntsunday.com/#/donate/4563996517

or check or money order to

HUSH
    PO Box 255
    Lititz PA 17543

Thanks for the support!

Kathy

(Bucks County)

It seems to me that all "blue laws" are violations of the First Amendment of the US Constitution, which denies the government the right to establish any religion. Blue Laws clearly establish the Christian notion of a Sabbath, and on a specific day, the (majority) Christian day.

It's also a violation of "equal protection under the law." What about those whose religion proscribes hunting on their sabbath, but who observe it on Saturday?

How are they to do any of the things proscribed by blue laws, on not one, but TWO days?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    It seems to me that all "blue laws" are violations of the First Amendment of the US Constitution, which denies the government the right to establish any religion. Blue Laws clearly establish the Christian notion of a Sabbath, and on a specific day, the (majority) Christian day.

It's also a violation of "equal protection under the law." What about those whose religion proscribes hunting on their sabbath, but who observe it on Saturday?

How are they to do any of the things proscribed by blue laws, on not one, but TWO days?
    Government regulation and subsidy has become the substitute religion those who don't identify with a real one.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Thumbs down Re: Hunters United For Sunday Hunting

I don't believe we need hunting on Sunday,Leave that day for some other activity,there is lack of game on open land, game lands. If people have private land and they want every thing shot,I can do it with six days a week,If you have to work O well! should be thank full you have a job,working and buying meat is the way to go,paying bills,paying taxes making the illegals happy.I've been hunting PA for 54 years,all the game is around the new homes and towns there is no bear in the woods there in my yard looking for garbage,I say reduce the price of the license and do not charge to hunt Bear, or Turkeys and soon they will be selling BUCK stamps,they just about shot all the doe off.I worked for 43 years and had no trouble tagging a deer in that time, if you cant get it done in 12 days of rifle 30 days of archery weeks of muzzle loader you got to take up golf and you can do it on Sunday.Better yet try going to Church! and praying for a little luck!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post

You are correct. Kinda funny they refused to vote the bill even out of committee, and then made it the year of the Bible!

There are several other aspects of the case that we won't disclose until its filed. but you folks have touched on a few of them.

Those who don't want to hunt Sunday and that can "get it done" will still be free to not hunt; but they should NOT infringe on the rights of others.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by huntfish-1579 View Post
    I don't believe we need hunting on Sunday,Leave that day for some other activity,there is lack of game on open land, game lands. If people have private land and they want every thing shot,I can do it with six days a week,If you have to work O well! should be thank full you have a job,working and buying meat is the way to go,paying bills,paying taxes making the illegals happy.I've been hunting PA for 54 years,all the game is around the new homes and towns there is no bear in the woods there in my yard looking for garbage,I say reduce the price of the license and do not charge to hunt Bear, or Turkeys and soon they will be selling BUCK stamps,they just about shot all the doe off.I worked for 43 years and had no trouble tagging a deer in that time, if you cant get it done in 12 days of rifle 30 days of archery weeks of muzzle loader you got to take up golf and you can do it on Sunday.Better yet try going to Church! and praying for a little luck!
    Stupidest comment of the week. I don't give a damn what you do on Sunday, that is your choice. How about you get your nose out of my business and what I want to do on my land on a Sunday. Take your trolling ass elsewhere.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Stupidest comment of the week. I don't give a damn what you do on Sunday, that is your choice. How about you get your nose out of my business and what I want to do on my land on a Sunday. Take your trolling ass elsewhere.
    I have to agree with you... YOUR land is yours... and if you want to hunt or let others hunt on your land that is YOUR choice... and state game lands were purchased with license fees collected from hunters, not bird watchers, hikers or tree huggers.

I am all for Sunday hunting... since there are many people that do work Mon through Friday.. so that gives them only one day a week to hunt... why penalize them because their job requires them to work those days.... And to those landowners that do not want people hunting on their land on Sunday all they have to say is NO... end of story....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    there are many people that do work Mon through Friday.. so that gives them only one day a week to hunt...
    There are many people who, in certain seasons, work Monday through Saturday, such as people who do landscape and lawn applications, people who work in the Christmas holiday season, people in the service industry.

Quote Originally Posted by huntfish-1579 View Post
    I figured it was only a matter of time before we saw one "handle" with one post show up. That's fine... it's a free country, but let's not turn this into a flame war like it is everywhere else on the Internets.

I always find it so interesting that so many "Christians" always try to compel others into what they should do in their own lives. Stop judging and realize that you have hunted for 43 years and it's time to allow a younger generation as much opportunity you've been blessed to have had. It's new world here in 2012. Have to evolve.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast