Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: VALLEY FORGE GUN SHOW

If they drop the name someone else can use it. Then that group will get all the prestige the old group earned over the years. I remember it as a good show worth going to. I live about two or three miles from the new location. Sorry I missed it as I was not paying attention to the upcoming shows.
    If they go with a new name it will take a long time to build up their rep. The promoters need to be sure it will be a long term deal. If the new location comes under attack by locals they might cave and not allow future shows.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I live about two or three miles from the new location. Sorry I missed it as I was not paying attention to the upcoming shows.
    I was lucky that I saw it. For some reason I clicked on the gunshow thread and saw that it was at SMG, if I didnt I would have missed it! I live in the Speedway section of Warminster. I love how close it is!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    time to change the name. The VALLEY FORGE SHOW? in lancaster, the valley forge show? in warminster. What next, the valley forge show in harrisburg?
    Odd, coming from a New York member of the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association.....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Not so odd, i am not far from pa and only attend Pa shows now , ny gunshows are not as good and far to strict. If you got to the albany ny gunshow it has far too many police roaming around and the middletown show takes your driver license at the door if you want to walk around a rifle. They copy your license info as well as your rifles model and serial onto a cue card then paperclip your license to it and keep it until you either return with your rifle or bring a nics # from a dealer proving you sold your rifle but they keep the cue card with all info . Plus after an incident with the promoter of the "north east gun shows.com" i gave up on ny shows. The promoter tried to have me arrested for selling a jap training rifle, non-firing. After i explained myself the cop walked away and i got a warning form the promoter, but funny thing is the promoter walks around the allentown show trying to sell rifles. I dont get those problems in pa..
    No Peace In Our Time.

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    Not so odd, i am not far from pa and only attend Pa shows now , ny gunshows are not as good and far to strict. If you got to the albany ny gunshow it has far too many police roaming around and the middletown show takes your driver license at the door if you want to walk around a rifle. They copy your license info as well as your rifles model and serial onto a cue card then paperclip your license to it and keep it until you either return with your rifle or bring a nics # from a dealer proving you sold your rifle but they keep the cue card with all info . Plus after an incident with the promoter of the "north east gun shows.com" i gave up on ny shows. The promoter tried to have me arrested for selling a jap training rifle, non-firing. After i explained myself the cop walked away and i got a warning form the promoter, but funny thing is the promoter walks around the allentown show trying to sell rifles. I dont get those problems in pa..

Good explanation. So I guess sometimes it makes less sense to focus on the geographic names, and more sense to go with what works best?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011