Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Insights training

Anybody here taken training from Insights out of Washington State? They have courses coming up at West Shore and I'm considering signing up for one. Worth the $$$ ?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Insights training

Greg Hamilton and crew are GTG.

(Allegheny County)

Yes, I moved to PA from WA 10 years ago and both myself and my wife have trained with Greg.

Insights has an outsanding reputaion in the training industry.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

I have no first hand experience, but Ive heard nothing but good things from those whose opinions I respect.

(Bucks County)

I took General Defensive Hangun at West Shore a couple of years ago. Came away a very satisfied customer.

It wasn't Greg who taught the class, someone named Mike ??? provided instruction with a couple of helpers.

They kept it safe, started with basics and built upon them throughout the 2 days. I liked the format especially for me who had not had any formal training.

The course started with grip, trigger press and reset, press out from body then kep working backwards until you actually they taught you how to draw from holster and then you used everything you had already been practicing.

Plenty or reps, plenty of shooting, plenty of instruction.

I recommend them.

(York County)

From reading their info off their site, probably Mike Warsocki. He seems to be the East coast trainer.
    The course that is scheduled is "Intensive Handgun Skills" and it sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't know if they'll accept my MAG40 as a prerequisite (they never answered my email), but I want more of a shooting course, rather than a legal/classroom course. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed MAG40, prolly one of the best classes I've ever taken in any subject, but on the whole, not a lot of shooting. I don't get the live fire practice I should because of time and $$$ restraints, so this course would help bring me up to speed and round out my training a little. I'm not new to this by any stretch, but I've been feeling the obligation to get more training. Being in my back yard sure helps. Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by mosseater; June 8th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    From reading their info off their site, probably Mike Warsocki. He seems to be the East coast trainer.
    The course that is scheduled is "Intensive Handgun Skills" and it sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't know if they'll accept my MAG40 as a prerequisite (they never answered my email), but I want more of a shooting course, rather than a legal/classroom course. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed MAG40, prolly one of the best classes I've ever taken in any subject, but on the whole, not a lot of shooting. I don't get the live fire practice I should because of time and $$$ restraints, so this course would help bring me up to speed and round out my training a little. I'm not new to this by any stretch, but I've been feeling the obligation to get more training. Being in my back yard sure helps. Thanks for the responses.
    I don't know what MAG40 covered. General defensive handgun has class room portions with respect to situational awareness, caliber choice, progression of force, etc. However we went through 800+ rounds in 2 days so its definitely not just a 'classroom' discussion session.

Intensive handgun looks like a very different class focusing entirely on shooting skills. It looks like Gen Defensive handgun if you want to training for drawing, presenting and shooting, Intensive Handgun for shooting skills only.