Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG 1911 C3

(Montgomery County)

Default SIG 1911 C3

I just picked up a Sig C3, man what a gun. It feels great, it looks great, tight fittings, very nice grips.

This is the 1911 version with the officer frame and the commander slide. I have been looking for one for a while. I had a colt in the past but I sold it a few years ago and I just got the bug again, however I could not find any.

Then I walked into a local shop and there she was, sitting real pretty in the case. I just had to have it. So last wednesday I ordered one and got it today.

I was all set to build one myself out of parts, but I dont think it would have been as nice as this sig is.

Definately going to the range tomorrow and put a few hundred rounds throught it.

I think it looks better then the kimber I have and it cost almost $ 400 less.

Now I got to find a nice holster for it and some extra mags.

What do you guys think of it??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: SIG 1911 C3

Personally I love it. It really looks great! If you don't mind my asking, what was the total cost?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MirandasPits View Post
    Personally I love it. It really looks great! If you don't mind my asking, what was the total cost?
    I paid $ 854 plus taxes. I could have bought it a little cheaper from buds but I don't do on line dealers. I rather support the local shops.

(Northampton County)

She sure is beautiful....... Always been a fan of sig 1911's. I've always thought they make their own 1911 while still staying true to the original design.

(Bucks County)

Great choice! Got one myself as my carry gun. Back when they were under 800 OTD at Tanners. They seems to have gone up in price since. I sent mine to Sig to have matching stainless magwell installed. Along with SigLite sights. Also added a set of VZ alien grips, they were the only straight cut grips that I could find versus the beveled cut the factory wood grips. I carry it in a DeSantis cozy partner IWB holster which is extremely comfortable. The gun shoots great. I've put over 500 mixed flawless round through it. It's the pistol in my collection that I won't sell.

(Allegheny County)

Sig makes an awesome 1911, their other guns don't really speak to me as I don't like DA/SA but I love the lines on their 1911's. Mine has run flawlessly and has an immaculate fit and finish.

I think you'll like the C3. It's a great size for a carry 1911. I bought a C3 with the Crimson Trace laser grips a few weeks ago. Mine came with the night sights & speed chute. I decided I'm not in love with the laser, though, so I ordered a set of VZ Simonich grips. They should be here any day now.

I only have 300 rounds thru it so far, but mine has functioned flawlessly with the factory mags using my 230gr FMJ & HP reloads. It doesn't seem to like my Wilson 47D mags though.

Enjoy!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Thank you guys.

I am looking now to accessorize the gun for carry purpose. Any reccomendations as to where I can find good mags, holster?

I am told that this gun does not fit the commander sized holsters, or the mags. Is that true?

Very nice looking Gun. Looks almost like a S&W except the S&W sticks closer to classic form then the Sig slide but they are both nice looking mordern design guns. Does Sig make a Bob 1911?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Very nice looking Gun. Looks almost like a S&W except the S&W sticks closer to classic form then the Sig slide but they are both nice looking mordern design guns. Does Sig make a Bob 1911?
    I think this is the closest to it:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...nightmare.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast