Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG 1911 C3

Default Re: SIG 1911 C3

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    Thank you guys.

I am looking now to accessorize the gun for carry purpose. Any reccomendations as to where I can find good mags, holster?

I am told that this gun does not fit the commander sized holsters, or the mags. Is that true?
    I got one of these:
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/DSGAR1911425INDE.aspx

It's very similar in construction & quality to my Raven that I have for my fullsize 1911, but without the long wait. The fit was a little tight at the trigger guard, but careful application of heat from a propane torch (or a heat gun will work) made it perfect. I was worried about tight slide fit, but that was OK.

The C3 also fits perfectly in the Minotar IWB for my full size. The holster body is about an inch too long, but no big deal.

You could also look into a speed chute. I love the one that came with mine. It extends the grip length slightly & gives you a big funnel for mag changes. I like this one so much, that I think I'll get one for my full size.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

That holster looks good ironbutt. Thanks

I will order it today.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Montgomery County)

I have just returned from the range and I must say I haven't been as satisfied with a gun, as I have with this sig, in years.

I did experienced 2 faillure to load at the first round when inserting a fresh mag, I will have to shoot more to make sure it is just a break in issue. I have shot around 200 rounds and this happen during the first 50 rounds.

The trigger is so sweet. it breaks at 4 lbs even consistently, it reset is really fast and it is very smooth.

I have not been shooting much in a while so I was a little rusty, however this gun felt so good in my hands that it felt as it was an extension of my arms. Pointing was very natural, the sights are very easy to line up and it shoot true to aiming.

Now I know that most guns are better or can shoot better then most of us, but there is something to be said for something that feels as good as this sig.

I shoot S&W, Glocks, Colts, other Sigs, Beretta and Kimbers, this are a variety of guns with Colt and Kimber being 1911's. None of them feel like this sig feels in my hands. Of couse someone else might say the same thing about another gun, since we are all different.

Today I walked away from the range believing that I found a gun that was custom made for me.

I shot groups of under 1.5" at 7yds and around 4" at 25yds, over and over. The groups were consistent and did not varied in the point of impact. In fact this is really the only gun that I own that I do not have to compensate, one way or the other, to hit the intended spot on the target. Considering that I am a little rusty, I think I did well.

Well going forward, and after a break in, I think I am going to carry this sig with confidence. I just need to find some 10 rds mags for it and I am set.
    Last edited by comsubin61; June 5th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

(Somerset County)

I have had a C3 for over a year now. this is by far my favorite pistol to shoot and very nice to carry. I got a wonderful deal on this at hoovers in rockwood pa and it came with the crimson trace grips. this gun is great and the only negative thing i have had happen is that the slide did not lock back once and that is it. Its very accruate and has been completely reliable so far through 3 to 4 hundred rounds. I really wish I had more time to shoot this one.

(Montgomery County)

I am looking to buy 10 rds mags. Do you guys know if they will fit the sig or do I need to buy sig specific mags?

Thanks

Thats the problem with having only 1 1911 you could answer that question yourself if you had another 1911 with 10 shot mag as most of us have with serveral 1911s. I'd bet unless the catch is different the Sig fits most 1911 magazines like Wilson and Chip McCormmick or even Taurus PT 1911.

I have 5 different brand 1911s all the mags are interchangeable. Except some my old mags that I bought from Gun Shows years ago. They work fine in the Colt but don't fit or eject smoothly from the newer guns.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Thats the problem with having only 1 1911 you could answer that question yourself if you had another 1911 with 10 shot mag as most of us have with serveral 1911s. I'd bet unless the catch is different the Sig fits most 1911 magazines like Wilson and Chip McCormmick or even Taurus PT 1911.

I have 5 different brand 1911s all the mags are interchangeable. Except some my old mags that I bought from Gun Shows years ago. They work fine in the Colt but don't fit or eject smoothly from the newer guns.

I actualy own other 1911's, just not the full size. I own only guns that I can carry concealled comfortable, and to me a goverment size is not comfortable to carry.

The others are officers model's, this is actualy my first larger size 1911 that I am planning on keeping.

I will try the McCormick mags and see what happens. I can always use them in the officer model as a back up mag.

(Westmoreland County)

When I decided to “go back” to the 1911 platform I bought a C3 as a carry piece. It’s been accurate and flawless so far. Really like what SIG has done with their 1911 lineup. Excellent quality at a fantastic price point. The CCO size 1911 is about the absolute best size for a working carry gun I’ve found. Best of all worlds rolled into one package.

I really like the Kimber KimPro Tac-Mag magazines. I bought four a few months ago at $20 a pop. Seems to be very high quality and they have been perfect in the gun thus far. I would recommend giving them a shot.

What an odd name for a 1911!

I thought this was a thread about carrying a Sig 1911 in Condition 3.

I have the custom shop version of the C3, the RCS. AFAIK, the only difference is the "melt job". Mine is my go to carry piece. The CCO configuration with an alloy frame is ideal. Commander top end for flawless functioning and the Officer's grip frame for ease of concealment.

I have two Commander holsters and my RCS works fine in them. As I understand it, the main dimensional difference is in the height of the slab sides of the slide. They have a less rounded top, therefore the height of the sides is greater, sometimes making holster fit problematic.

The holster I use most often is a Sparks VM II made entirely of horsehide with shark trim. I chose horsehide, not for its more moisture resistant properties, but because it can't be as tightly boned as cowhide, thus making a good fit more probable, and it worked - fits like a glove.

My OWB holster was made by a quasi-hobbyist, ROG leather. It is a Bruce Nelson / Chas Askin's design, out of cowhide. It's a little snug, but works well. I used this combo in a low/no light IDPA match (the RCS has night sights) and it worked fine.

The grips are G-10 Davidson's in a sunburst pattern.

I use Wilson Combat Officer's mags, which give me 7+1 with a low profile steel base pad. Outside of 1 or 2 FTF when the gun was new (very tight - didn't go all the way into battery) it has faunctioned flawlessly with ball, 230 gr Gold Dot and 200 gr EFMJ.

Good luck with yours.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast