Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Philadelphia Payroll Taxes?

I was just wondering for those of you who work in the City of Philadelphia what kind of payroll taxes do they take from your check? Im just trying to do some quick research on this.

For instance i live in the allentown area and work in Upper macungie and the taxes i get taken are Federal, State, School, SS/Medi, PA UMP, and A Upper Macungie T LST tax.

Also if Philly does take a city tax out is it a set Tax or is it a percentage, like for instance my Upper Macungie Tax is a set $2 a check all the others are a percentage? Thanks for any info that is provided to me.

I talked to someone who said Philly charges like a 3.5% payroll tax and i wanted to know if this is true since he does not work or live in Philly.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Payroll Taxes?

I did find this http://www.phila.gov/revenue/wage_tax.html is this true and also any others i should know about?

(Bucks County)

While I don't work in Philly (thank God!), I found this:

http://www.phila.gov/revenue/wage_tax.html

The Philadelphia Wage Tax rates for taxable compensation are as follows:

01/01/12 - 06/30/12 Residents 3.928% (.03928) Non-Residents 3.4985% (.034985)
    01/01/11 - 12/31/11 Residents 3.928% (.03928) Non-Residents 3.4985% (.034985)
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    I was just wondering for those of you who work in the City of Philadelphia what kind of payroll taxes do they take from your check? Im just trying to do some quick research on this.

For instance i live in the allentown area and work in Upper macungie and the taxes i get taken are Federal, State, School, SS/Medi, PA UMP, and A Upper Macungie T LST tax.

Also if Philly does take a city tax out is it a set Tax or is it a percentage, like for instance my Upper Macungie Tax is a set $2 a check all the others are a percentage? Thanks for any info that is provided to me.

I talked to someone who said Philly charges like a 3.5% payroll tax and i wanted to know if this is true since he does not work or live in Philly.
    he's correct they charge me 3.55% for non-res
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Philadelphia County)

It's true. Anybody that works in Phila pays the wage tax, including visiting sports teams, movie actors, everybody.

There are no other taxes / fees though. And it is painless, employer, hopefully, makes the deduction and that's it. No tax form to fill out. If your employer does not make the deduction for you, then you have to file quartley.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    It's true. Anybody that works in Phila pays the wage tax, including visiting sports teams, movie actors, everybody.

There are no other taxes / fees though. And it is painless, employer, hopefully, makes the deduction and that's it. No tax form to fill out. If your employer does not make the deduction for you, then you have to file quartley.
    Actually, there are other taxes. Philly has an increased sales tax. 6% goes to the state, the city keeps the rest.

So if you work in the city, you are taxed. As a worker, if you buy lunch, you are taxed again. And it all goes to a city that's failing horribly.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Actually, there are other taxes.
    So if you work in the city, you are taxed. As a worker, if you buy lunch, you are taxed again. And it all goes to a city that's failing horribly.
    It thrills my heart to see that there are others out there that see the truth.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    he's correct they charge me 3.55% for non-res
    The rate for Non-Residents is 3.4985%. If you are paying more than that you better look into getting a refund!

I should know. I design and process all of the City's tax returns.
    MikeP

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Actually, there are other taxes. Philly has an increased sales tax. 6% goes to the state, the city keeps the rest.

Currently 8% sales tax in Philly.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Currently 8% sales tax in Philly.

Thank you for the correction. I had not realized that it went up to 8%. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Knowing that makes it even worse.

"You work in Philadelphia County, thank you for the 3.5% (rounding up) from your paycheck. Oh and thank you for making a retail purchase, we appreciate the extra 2% of that as well. And if you live and work here, thank you for the same 2% on retail and the 4% that we take from your paycheck every week. It's very generous of you."

Blood-sucking leaches.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast