Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Range Report on 3

Finally got to the range and able to try my 3 newest editions - all at 25'

* Steyr M9-A1
    * Beretta Tomcat
    * S&W Model 10 3"

Steyr :

Nice overall - happy. Trigger is similar to Glock obviously but a little crisper. No failures of any kind. Only opps. I have is that the empty casings eject straight back into your face - annoying. Also, out of the box consistent tight pattern, but all 2-3" to the left. Might try it one more time just to be sure, will then adjust ( hmmm, always have to visualise - to move bullet right, either move front site left or rear sight right - correct? ) lol.

Beretta Tomcat :

Definitly an up close gun. Difficult to get any kind of consistent pattern, just too small for me to get a nice tight grouping. The trigger wasn't the greatest for me either. I definitly had to shoot with the tip of my finger or it just wouldn't go right. I usually position the trigger in the bend of my finger, but on this one, if you don't use the very tip, you just can't feel and control the pull correctly. I also do not like that the slide doesn't lock back after last round. After shooting last round, hammer drops and sets up just like it is ready to fire, but empty

S&W Model 10 :

I had high expectations for this classic, and was not let down. No issues at all, super accurate - smooth as butter - what a great "doorstop" Here's my first 3 shots :

Default Re: Range Report on 3

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    what a great "doorstop"
    Hey, that comment came after just one too many. I'm dring soda today, so it looks more like a tire chuck.

On a serious note, a fella shoots a 4" mod 10 at the range I go to. He used to have to beg the RM to let him put clays out in the dirt (54 yds out), but since he cleans them up, they let him do it anytime it isn't busy (we enjoy watching him if the truth was known). Long story short, he does not miss much, and the clay is 4" across, and he is shooting off hand with a 4" mod 10.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I'm dring soda today
    OK, so mostly soda...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Hey, that comment came after just one too many. I'm dring soda today, so it looks more like a tire chuck.

On a serious note, a fella shoots a 4" mod 10 at the range I go to. He used to have to beg the RM to let him put clays out in the dirt (54 yds out), but since he cleans them up, they let him do it anytime it isn't busy (we enjoy watching him if the truth was known). Long story short, he does not miss much, and the clay is 4" across, and he is shooting off hand with a 4" mod 10.
    Door stop and tire chuck - the things a model 10 can do are endless, and deadly

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    ( hmmm, always have to visualise - to move bullet right, either move front site left or rear sight right - correct? ) lol.

Yea, I just memorized it as the rear goes where the bullet needs to go. Front opposite of that.

Beretta Tomcat :

Definitly an up close gun. Difficult to get any kind of consistent pattern, just too small for me to get a nice tight grouping.
    S&W Model 10 :
    I'm suprised you could get it to group. I tried to get a group a few times out of my Astra 200 Firecat and finally just walked up to the side of an old school bus and managed to get a decent group.