Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default Route 66 Sporting Goods, Shippenville PA

I was looking for a Smith & Wesson Sigma a couple of weeks ago and called all of the more well known shops in the Pittsburgh area. Knowing I would be in the Clarion area in the near future, I call Route 66 as well. Of all the places I called, Route 66 was the cheapest so I figured I'd give them a shot.

Went in and headed over to the pistols and started looking around to see what all else was there. The gentleman who helped me was very helpful and finished the transaction in a timely manner. Everyone else who was in at the time received assistance and were on their way without issue as well.

Based on this one experience, I would have no problem spending my money there again. Their attentive workers and quick service certainly don't hurt at all. I'll be moving up that way in August so I'll undoubtedly be in there more in the future.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Route 66 Sporting Goods, Shippenville PA

Am local to them and never had a bad experience there, always friendly. Some prices are decent and some are high. Seems on most things, like most shops around here, they have it figured a few bucks over what it'd cost to mail order it from a main name shop. Another shop bout 7 miles away in Knox, Sportsmens Outfitters, seems to currently have the best deal on basic reloading supplies. Have always had positive experiences there, but have heard others grumble about it. If looking for something first place I usually go is in East Brady, Sportsmans Shack, bout 20 miles south of Clarion. Part of Sportsmans Supply out of Butler. One man show, knowledgable and friendly. Never trade at shops so don't know that angle of it.
    6/16 Must edit, prices on reloading supplies jacked up in Knox. One month ago I paid $30 for 1000 primers, today they're asking $39. Guy behind counter just shrugged his shoulders when asked bout it.
    Last edited by cephas; June 17th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.