Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Unhappy Non encounter, hubcap store

The other day I came out of my apartment and to my displease I had a flat tire. Of course with this shitty weather I had the joy of changing it in a light rain. Today I finally got around to picking up a new one. I headed over to the hubcap store here in Easton. When I got there to my surprise the owner was oc. I was cc like usual but I am a fan of oc. At first I felt compelled to strike up a conversation with him, but then I thought why? I feel by me doing so I would just be feeding into stigma that oc can't be a part of everybody's daily life. I just didn't want to annoy the guy who probably gets questioned about it alot already (like most oc'ers). So by me saying nothing and just proceeding with the transaction at hand I hope I made a it little more the norm for the oc'er. More business to come for him from me.

It's funny also because last night I was talking to my gf about gumbys encounter in Whitehall. She does enjoy shooting with me but her going into her senior year at desales university majoring in criminal justice, she was like I don't see the big deal just to give them his id/name. She did agree the cops took it way to far but she's not crazy about oc at the same time. So part of her point was that of course people are gonna be put off by it because its not a regular thing you see. She even said when's the last time you saw somebody oc. So luckily for me I got to show her up by it just happening today.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Non encounter, hubcap store

Quote Originally Posted by lhowland.40 View Post
    It's funny also because last night I was talking to my gf about gumbys encounter in Whitehall. She does enjoy shooting with me but her going into her senior year at desales university majoring in criminal justice, she was like I don't see the big deal just to give them his id/name. She did agree the cops took it way to far but she's not crazy about oc at the same time. So part of her point was that of course people are gonna be put off by it because its not a regular thing you see. She even said when's the last time you saw somebody oc. So luckily for me I got to show her up by it just happening today.
    I don't mean any offense, but the reason they "took it way to far" is because people don't see the big deal in giving in to their demands to see ID. If we keep it up, it will soon be a crime to walk the streets without ID.

I heard Mike Huckabe on Fox News (XM radio) this morning saying that you need to get most people to do it voluntarily, then get the culture to feel it's for the best (propaganda), THEN pass the law restricting it. He was talking about how Bloomburg didn't do it the right way when he banned large sodas.

It is not harmless to give in to this shit.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Non encounter, hubcap store

Yeah I argued with her to the fullest that even tho it would be easier to just give in and give it to him its not right. I tried explaining to her that even just presenting the id is basically letting them trample over your rights. I don't care what the situation is unless you see me doing something illegal I'm not wasting my time being illegally detained for something that is perfectly legal.