Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock

It arrived today, and I couldn't wait to shoot some reloads through it, so I threw a cpl boxes in the range bag and off to the range I went.

Fed great, shot great, everything was going smooth until....

Ouch. That stings. Kept shooting....still stings. Look down at my leg and 3in above my ankle I took a ricochet. Glad I wasn't wearing shorts. Actually, it's the first time in cpl weeks I HAVEN'T been wearing shorts.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock

That same thing happened to my youngest son last summer ,we were out shooting and some guys at the other end of the line where shooting at steel plate at 25 yards and my son took one in the side the came off the steel plate at a funny angle he did not get hit as bad as you though. One would think that this stuff does not happen that often ,but four months after my son was hit I took one above the knee while acting as an RSO at an event. I was wearing heavy jeans at the time but it stung pretty good. It things like this that make you think about safety a lot more. Glad to see your okay. How did your drop in barrel perform? Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Bucks County)

It performed well. Accurate enough for me, my eyes are terrible. The only issue, besides the ricochet, was when I went to clear a live round I chambered when I was done that froze the slide. Couldn't get it to rack and clear. Had to fire it. Might have been case related, we'll see if it happens again.

(Bucks County)

You should change your name to bulletsfly72.

Have many rounds through a Lone Wolf barrel and it works great. Works even better with a can on the end.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    It performed well. Accurate enough for me, my eyes are terrible. The only issue, besides the ricochet, was when I went to clear a live round I chambered when I was done that froze the slide. Couldn't get it to rack and clear. Had to fire it. Might have been case related, we'll see if it happens again.
    Don't do that. Things could have went badly. Grasp the top of the slide right over the the rear sight..... tightly. Smack the web of your strong hand high into the backstrap and that round will pop loose.

Lycandon'triskitthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Montgomery County)

Agreed, but I'd feel more comfortable with releasing the round when a lone wolf barrell is installed over the stock Glock barrell. With the fully supported chamber, you are much better protected from cases problems than with the Glock barrell.

(Lawrence County)

Unless you have a squib, extreme setback or an obstruction.....in which case that fully supported chamber will still grenade on you.

Lycannotbudgingthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Montgomery County)

When I have a jam like and at the range, I do like what Lycan suggested.. Otherwise when at home, you can see the edge of the wall that I use unjam the stuck round.

If you know why the round is stuck that is one thing. But it didn't seem like you knew why, which is reason to be concerned more and not fire it out. You were lucky and everything is fine.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Bucks County)

Can't tell from the picture. What caliber is your Glock? I too recently got my LWD barrel for my G21 (45). I really like the fit and finish but have had two rounds jam on chambering. And one was full jacket. I wrote an email to LWD asking for advice. I've only fired about 250 rnds through the new barrel so I need more range time to determine if this is a problem or an anomaly.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChemDave View Post
    Can't tell from the picture. What caliber is your Glock? I too recently got my LWD barrel for my G21 (45). I really like the fit and finish but have had two rounds jam on chambering. And one was full jacket. I wrote an email to LWD asking for advice. I've only fired about 250 rnds through the new barrel so I need more range time to determine if this is a problem or an anomaly.
    did you ever have a similar jam with the stock barrel? Were you using factory ammo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast