Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Pocket Pistol-?

Question Pocket Pistol-?

Hi.I'm new to this Forum,but have a question? I was just given a small pistol by an old lady ,there is no Question it has'nt been fired i decades.
    Long story short It is a Armi-balesi-Brescia-Brevato 6.35 cal.
    T was hoping you guys may know how to find a schematic for breaking this gun down all the way for cleaning.I have figured out the basic break down but it needs further attention.
    Also the caliber 6.35 what would that end up being /a 25 cal possibly?

When I was search ing the internet This site poped up as to what the gun was but I had to join to ask the question .If anyone out there can be of some help It would be appricated,I'm no gun smith but have restored dozens of rifles but only one pistol It was a Thompson 45 auto.It turned out great.
    So this pocket pistol. I want to do a good job.

Thanks BONES79

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pocket Pistol-?

You should find everything you need regarding takedown instructions in this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/76...de-page-2.html

(Chester County)

Wow, that thread was longer than I remembered. Here are specific takedown instructions:

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Chris..Pull the slide to the rear to where the safety lines up with the safety slot.At that point turn the safety all the way to the rear..Pull the slide to the rear fairly hard which will disengauge the pivot lock..Let the slide go all the way forward to the home position..Then slide it back about 1/8''and lift and pull until the slide clears the barrel.Caution:Pay attention because the firing pin and slide spring will fall out at some point..Hope this helps..Lee
    Also, it fires .25 ACP.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BONES79 View Post
    Hi.I'm new to this Forum,but have a question? I was just given a small pistol by an old lady ,there is no Question it has'nt been fired i decades.
    Long story short It is a Armi-balesi-Brescia-Brevato 6.35 cal.
    T was hoping you guys may know how to find a schematic for breaking this gun down all the way for cleaning.I have figured out the basic break down but it needs further attention.
    Also the caliber 6.35 what would that end up being /a 25 cal possibly?

When I was search ing the internet This site poped up as to what the gun was but I had to join to ask the question .If anyone out there can be of some help It would be appricated,I'm no gun smith but have restored dozens of rifles but only one pistol It was a Thompson 45 auto.It turned out great.
    So this pocket pistol. I want to do a good job.

Thanks BONES79
    Welcome to the forum. Wolff already got you the takedown instructions, but my question centers on the old lady. Can you explain what you mean by "given a pistol"?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Wolff already got you the takedown instructions, but my question centers on the old lady. Can you explain what you mean by "given a pistol"?
    IIRC in Georgia the transfer of long guns and handguns between private citizens of that state is legal without any paper work or the involvement of any agencies (Excluding NFA weapons)
    Last edited by Hawk; May 31st, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Toujours pręt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    IIRC in Georgia the transfer of long guns and handguns between private citizens of that state is legal without any paper work or the involvement of any agencies (Excluding NFA weapons)
    Correct.

Georgia has only 2 laws that regulate the purchasing of firearms. All other purchasing laws come from Federal law. The BATFE has a reference page that explains those laws (at that site, when the BATFE says "licensed" they mean firearm dealers and "unlicensed" means private individuals).

Straw Purchase / Anti-Bloomberg Law - Any person who attempts to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer, as well as any other person who willfully and intentionally aids or abets such person, shall be guilty of a felony. (16-11-113)

Furnishing a Pistol to a Minor - It is illegal to sell or give a pistol or revolver to a person under 18 years old. Possession of handguns by minors is only allowed as explained in the Possession section above. (16-11-101.1)
    Source.

So then federal laws apply.

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Source