Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

I ended up getting a brand new Xdm
    Last edited by Blak1508; January 22nd, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

Default Re: XDM 45 acp 3.8 chipped feeding ramp

Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    Hello I have a XDM 45 acp compact with only 200 rounds through it and yesterday when I went to clean it I noticed a very jagged and chipped feeding ramp. I called SA and they wanted the gun ASAP so I sent it in. My issue is the serial numbers on the barrel... If you have an XD or an XDM you know that there are 3 sets of matching serial numbers one on the frame one on the slide and one on the barrel. When the gun is put together the serial number on the barrel and slide are right next to each other. I am afraid that if they replace the barrel that my serial numbers will not match. I was told the only serial numbers that matter is the ones on the frame, but to me I paid 600+ $ for them all to match and in the case I ever was going to sell the gun I am sure the person buying would care as I sure as hell would. Now if they replace the whole gun which, I am thinking they might, I have put some upgrades on the gun like a trigger kit and a set of TFO sights. So again I would not want another gun unless they do these same upgrades to the gun. I just bought the gun so I feel it's their responsibility to take care of me,I have heard their CS is pretty top notch though. Has anyone had any experience with an issue like this or where they have had the serial numbers not match? And how would you all feel in this situation.? I will try to post pictures of the chipped feeding ramp.

456 - They will probably only replace the damaged part. You will probably have to get use to unmatching serial numbers. I doubt that they will replace the entire gun and if they did they would expect that you returned the gun in original condition. I doubt they would change out your modified upgrades to the new gun that's going beyond and above good customer service IMHO.

Tell us how it turned out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    456 - They will probably only replace the damaged part. You will probably have to get use to unmatching serial numbers. I doubt that they will replace the entire gun and if they did they would expect that you returned the gun in original condition. I doubt they would change out your modified upgrades to the new gun that's going beyond and above good customer service IMHO.

Tell us how it turned out.
    Will do. They actually in their custom store put both upgrades on and I was told just now that in the rare case that they would send a new gun that they would install the TFOs and trigger or that something could be worked out about the trigger. But that they will probably just send the old barrel and another barrel I was told they usually swap out for a Bar-sto match barrel. Which would not be so bad, I'll let you all know how it works out

(Jefferson County)

Its likely that if they replace the barrel it wont have a serial number on it at all.

If they are stamping SN's to the frame(as required), the slide, and the barrel - they are doing the slide and barrel after fitting.

Replacement barrels aren't likely to have numbers until fitted.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Its likely that if they replace the barrel it wont have a serial number on it at all.

If they are stamping SN's to the frame(as required), the slide, and the barrel - they are doing the slide and barrel after fitting.

Replacement barrels aren't likely to have numbers until fitted.
    I hope not. I just want my gun back in great shape. I have sent the gun out more then I've had it. Bought it a month ago and sent it to a guy who specializes in Sight installation. XDM and XD are a pain to put sights on. Shot it once then I noticed the tritium vial in one of the TFOs was coming out so I sent it back to him again to replace them, then took it to my local smith to get the PRP ultimate trigger kit Installed of which it was great, then came home and was about to lube it up with my new frog lube and saw the marks on the feed ramp. So I sent it out again. Now I am looking at prob 2-4 weeks without it ... God I just want some quality time with my baby. Oh well I'll get it eventually. I have all this ammo and no 45 to shoot. At least I have my PPQ still and that has been a dream

(Lehigh County)

Get a backup baby.

(Chester County)

It's by no mean my baby but I just bought a LCP and an 870 express mag for hunting. So I'll be occupied until it get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    True this. Call SA and find out if they will destroy the barrel with the bad ramp. Maybe they will stamp the new one going in? Can't hurt to ask.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

It's not exactly a collectors piece so I don't think the serial numbers will matter. If you sell it just tell the buyer what happened. Maybe even keep any correspondence regarding the matter as proof. As mentioned, the replacement barrel will most likely not be stamped at all.