Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Thumbs down Poor customer service at Glock

Oct. 2011
    A couple of months back I bought a glock 22 gen 3 from a LGS. The first time I took it to the range I was about 50-60 rounds through it when the slide locked halfway back and wouldn't budge. I took it out front (the range is a "glock certified" dealer) and they couldn't get it to free up either. They told me to send it back to glock.
    Nov 2011
    Glock found I had a squib/double feed that bulged the barrel. They said this was caused by the rounds, Remington UMC. I was told that they were the ones to speak with.
    Jan 2012
    I contacted Remington and, after sending my remaining rounds (I bought in bulk) to them over the Christmas holiday, they found the rounds to be "not up to specifications" and agreed to pay all damages to my gun, as well as replace the rounds that I sent. Sounds great.
    Feb-Mar 2012
    The woman at Remington called and told me that after many phone calls and emails to the service department at glock she was getting no response, from anybody. Apparently she was once put on hold and hung up on. All that she needed was an invoice for a new barrel and the check could be cut, my gun could be returned, and I could be once again shooting. But no.
    Meanwhile from glock, I was contacted and told that my pistol needed to be taken care of or shipped back. I told the guy "hold on to it, Remington has agreed to pay". He said "sure thing, I'll make a note of that". Three days later my pistol arrived in the mail, the postmark was from the day before I recieved the phone call. I then called glock to make a complaint to customer service and was recieved by a guy that acted like he was doing me a favor, real jerk.
    I informed the woman from Remington of this and she said that if I wanted to buy the barrel myself that she could just mail me the check, adding that this wasn't how they did things but they wanted to make sure their customer was satisfied.
    I bought a lonewolf and installed it, thought I was done with glock.

I'd like to say at this point that glock held no responsibility other than returning calls/emails. I don't fault them for what happened to the barrel in any way.

May 2012
    I recived an email from glock, in fact it was the guy I talked to that agreed to hold my pistol. The email stated that they had to send my pistol back or fix it!! This would be the same one I've had in my possesion since mid March!

Originally I hadn't planned on starting a rant thread, I figured that although it was frustrating I wasn't really out any money so I'd just be bitching. I was very pleased with Remington's actions and dissapointed by glock, and I sent them both emails letting them know that.

BUT
    When a company doesn't know where an item, muchless a firearm, that they are entrusted with is located? Then yeah, I have a problem! The question now is, do I contact this guy and tell him to send it back or just let them look for it and not find it?

Again, glock didn't really do anything wrong until their service dept. got involved

I thought that maybe this should go in pistols or feedback but I put it in general since it didn't really seem to fit either. If mods feel it should be moved, then please do so.
    Last edited by silkworm; May 30th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Poor customer service at Glock

I'd be real tempted to tell them to send it back.

(York County)

You did check your serial number to be sure they sent you back the right gun, right?
    Just kidding, but if they don't know where your gun is, what's to say they shipped you the right one.

(Dauphin County)

Tell them to send it back and watch em dance.
    Kick them in the nuts ........ or vajajay...--Mitch10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    I'd be real tempted to tell them to send it back.
    Me too... :evil grin:
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Berks County)

I agree, tell them to send it back. THEN start emailing and/or calling them weekly for an update on that. If they're so incompetent that they don't know where a gun is, have already shipped it before calling to ask what you want to do, aren't taking calls from the party paying for the repairs, and months later don't even know they don't have it anymore they deserve to sweat a little bit.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Dauphin County)

But what if you tell them to send it back and they say sure and a few days later you get a call saying we cant find it we are sending you a new one then what do you do ?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    But what if you tell them to send it back and they say sure and a few days later you get a call saying we cant find it we are sending you a new one then what do you do ?
    Say thank you!

(Chester County)

Def agree^ screw it ... Tell them to send it back...watch them sweat or send you a new gun
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Philadelphia County)

If you tell them to send it back, they can't find it, and they send you a new gun, it's possible they will report the missing gun as missing / potentially stolen. I don't know if you want tend up having possession of it if that happens.

If it were me, I'd write a letter to the president of Glock. You may be surprised what happens when the president gives the letter to his complaint department. Many companies have an "executive complaint" department that specializes in dealing with letters to executives. Most of them also jump when the company president tells them to take care of something. My guess is even more so in Austria (or wherever they make those plastic things).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast