Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: open carry, shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDevil View Post
    Go excercise it and I'll watch you on the news.
    if you do, you'll be watching me collect some cash.

are you going to bother to read the PA UFA?

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    FWIW, the quotes of the UFA I've been providing haven't come from an AOL site, they've come from the PA State Assembly's website. I'm pretty sure this is a good place to research PA law.
    The best way to research PA Law is not online. That was why I posted that reason in the first place, most law is offline, but available at courthouses or through an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    if you do, you'll be watching me collect some cash.

are you going to bother to read the PA UFA?
    You stated there are too many people "Like Me" claiming that its illegal. First I never claimed it was illegal. I provided that link and quote to show that the Sheriff's office makes laws showing that they prefer things in cases.

Also in my original post I only said they SHOULD be in bags, not that they have to be.

If you think people "Like Me" are bad, then go for it and do your own thing. I guarantee you just going out, open carrying, carrying around a shotgun in your hand, and other crap like that isn't going to help our cause.

Our first and foremost cause is to show 90% of the anti-guns (who are only misinformed) that we are not scary gun freaks who are fanatical.

Your post makes it seem like you are willing to go out in Center City and tote a shotgun yelling "IT'S MY RIGHT, IM ALLOWED TO! THE LAW DOESNT SAY I CANT SO I CAN!"

That attitude only makes the general population afraid of us, and thus negates our cause and only hurts us in the end. To restore our rights, we must be responsible. We are, in fact, trying to Restore our rights, not make a Last Stand on the ones we have currently.

(Allegheny County)

The best way to research PA Law is not online. That was why I posted that reason in the first place, most law is offline, but available at courthouses or through an attorney.
    OK...you made a claim, the burden of proof is on you...now go to the courthouse and find a law that says open carrying a loaded rifle or shotgun in PA is illegal.

you won't find one.

i'm sorry to be such a jerk about this, but the last thing we need is someone else spreading bad information about gun laws.

My whole point from my post was to go to a lawyer for the information and not ask here. I don't consider that bad information.

(Allegheny County)

You stated there are too many people "Like Me" claiming that its illegal. First I never claimed it was illegal.
    i guess i misinterpreted the following statement made by you:

The license to carry firearms only pertains to pistols.

Long guns are to be in cases in public.
    i guess you weren't claiming it was illegal. i guess you are just commanding us to have our long guns in cases in public for some other reason.

I provided that link and quote to show that the Sheriff's office makes laws showing that they prefer things in cases.
    who cares what the sheriff wants? we live in a land of rule of law...not rule of sheriff.

Also in my original post I only said they SHOULD be in bags, not that they have to be.
    no, you said are to be not should be. BIG difference there.

anyway, now that you have admitted that it is not illegal to open carry a rifle or shotgun in PA, i will let this die.

like i said...i have done it many, many times when i live in st. marys...without a single problem.

yes, doing it in pittsburgh would likely cause problems, but i would still be right and the police, soccer moms, etc. would still be wrong.

yes, doing it in pittsburgh would likely cause problems, but i would still be right and the police, soccer moms, etc. would still be wrong.
    And then because of you, they would pass laws against it. Thus my statement of you pretty much shooting everyone in the foot if you actually do it.

(Allegheny County)

And then because of you, they would pass laws against it. Thus my statement of you pretty much shooting everyone in the foot if you actually do it.
    i agree with you there...and that is why i don't actually do it.

it was just the wording of your original statement "are to be" sounded like you were saying it was illegal...or that you have some other authority over us to tell us how to behave. i don't react well to that.

at any rate, we are on the same side, so let's just kiss and make up, ok? er, well, let's skip the kissing part.

i agree with you there...and that is why i don't actually do it.

it was just the wording of your original statement "are to be" sounded like you were saying it was illegal...or that you have some other authority over us to tell us how to behave. i don't react well to that.

at any rate, we are on the same side, so let's just kiss and make up, ok? er, well, let's skip the kissing part.
    Agreed.

(Cambria County)

Not everything that is legal is necessarily wise. It all depends on (in the words of the real estate industry) location, location, LOCATION! While you could carry a loaded shotgun openly in St. Mary's, or here in Johnstown, especially during hunting season--well, at least up here in Richland area--not sure how the cops downtown would react, I can just about guarantee that if you did that in downtown Pittsburgh (and ESPECIALLY if you were in Philly), the local LEOs would be all over you like flies on stink.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast