Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Pellet Pistol Competition near/in Montgomery, Delaware or Chester County?

Hi everyone,

I was recently introduced to competitive pellet pistol shooting and really liked it. I didn't get a chance to compete anywhere, but I did get a chance to shoot a competition pellet pistol at 10 meters and it was awesome!!

I know that I'll probably get some of you guys tell to put on my big-boy panties, man up and go shoot some .308s....bluh bluh bluh.
    I do have a few pistols and rifles at home, but it's getting pricey to shoot plus with a 7-month-old baby is hard to make time to make it out to the range.
    My shooting budget is a bit light right now, so I'd rather spend $500 on a nice(ish) competition pistol and buy pellets rather than bullets and get to shoot in my basement rather than have to make time to go out to the range.

All that said, do any of you know of any local pellet competitions (Montgomery, Chester or Delaware Counties)

Sorry for rambling, but any information will be appreciated.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Pellet Pistol Competition near/in Montgomery, Delaware or Chester County?

The only International matches I am aware of in our area are at Dutchess County Pistol Association. It's about an hour from me (NEPA), probably at least two for you. Nice club, they hold four or five matches every year - Air Pistol, Free Pistol, Standard Pistol, and Rapid Fire.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pellet Pistol Competition near/in Montgomery, Delaware or Chester County?

Can you think of any websites I can go to for more information?

(Pike County)

(Clearfield County)

Binghamton NY has international sectionals and matches also. I shot there and Dutchess co. Do a search on the NRA and USA Shooting websites for matches. I know some places in the Pittsburgh area shoot but I don't know the east. Take a good look at a IZH 46. They are hard to beat for the money. I have a Steyr LP 10 and the IZH will shoot with it and not cost $2000+. Hope this helps.