Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default PAFOA Flyers Ideas

We're working on producing a PAFOA flier/handbill which will be available as a PDF on our main website. This flier will be used to promote the PAFOA, and our Free forums.

Folks will be encouraged to print them out and place them at ranges, gun clubs, shops, etc with the permission of the owner/board of directors.

We are trying to do some brainstorming with regards to the verbiage on the fliers, and are looking for some creative writers to help us focus on what it is we want to say.

Anybody have any skills in this area and would be willing to help out?
    Last edited by danp; December 7th, 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Default Re: PAFOA Propiganda Volunteers

I frequent ALOT of shops, and by hapenstance my wife is a writer and graphic artist. I may be able to bribe her into helping out and I will be more than happy to print and post the handouts wherever I can.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Default Re: PAFOA Propaganda Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    We're working on producing a PAFOA flier/handbill ...

We ... are looking for some creative writers to help us focus on what it is we want to say, and come up with a professional looking, eye catching design.

Anybody have any skills in this area and would be willing to help out?
    What platform are you using to compose your material? Pagemaker? MS Word?

I was a tech writer for years, now it's mostly gun stuff, sporadically. Samples:
    http://www.fortliberty.org/military-...nd-rifle.shtml
    http://www.fortliberty.org/military-library/ak-47.shtml

Rick
    Last edited by PA Rifleman; September 5th, 2011 at 07:10 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Drop me a line at (removed) if you're still looking. What platform are you using to compose your material? Pagemaker? MS Word?

I was a tech writer for years, now it's mostly gun stuff, sporadically. Samples:
    http://www.fortliberty.org/military-...nd-rifle.shtml
    http://www.fortliberty.org/military-library/ak-47.shtml

Rick
    Really what we're looking for is this:

If you saw a flyer in a gun shop for this group, what would make you pick it up and check us out (that we actually do of course)?

Sometimes the hardest person to write about is yourself (or in this case your own organization)

Eventually this text will be formatted in Adobe Illustrator and published as PDF that people can download/print out.
    Last edited by Emptymag; February 19th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

Everybody likes something free. so how about some useful information on the flier that every gun owner would like to have. perhaps state gun laws at a glance or a list of upcoming gun shows. stuff like that. then have it say complements of PAFOA and the logo. and some information about the site

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post
    Everybody likes something free. so how about some useful information on the flier that every gun owner would like to have. perhaps state gun laws at a glance or a list of upcoming gun shows. stuff like that. then have it say complements of PAFOA and the logo. and some information about the site
    This flyer is meant solely to be informational about the PAFOA.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Tioga County)

I'm not the one to do it but you need a good graphic for a header. That's the grabber. Then large bold type that they can read before they pick it up. Once you get it in their hands you can get technical.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Really what we're looking for is this:

If you saw a flyer in a gun shop for this group, what would make you pick it up and check us out (that we actually do of course)?
    I assume you're thinking of a newsletter format, since it would likely be multi-topic to appeal to more than one group. It would require a strong & positive first impression, and have at least one decent tidbit for nearly all the gun niches in PA. People buy guns and shoot for many different reasons. If this was my project, I'd be asking who is the target audience, and what motivates them? I'm very new to this forum, my impression that the selling point of this is the exchange of information of all things gun-related in the Pennsylvania.

Also, gun shop clientele varies. Some upscale gun shops won't carry AKs, while others may have only handguns or muzzleloaders. I won't name any specific gun shops here, but I will say the local color does vary quite a bit. Making one broadbrush flyer that's going to resonate in all will be a very difficult task. It might be necessary to fine tune it a little to better fit the local demographics. For instance, I wouldn't expect a large response if I placed a flyer advertising AK build party announcements at a upscale shotgun range. Especially when the cheapest shotgun is more expensive than my car. Fro this application, I'd pick a few better posts that relate to shooting clays. For areas with a lot of handgun activity, I'd tune it towards concealed carry considerations. And, I wouldn't spend as much time & space with rifles where I intend to distribute in urban areas (ie, Phila).

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Sometimes the hardest person to write about is yourself (or in this case your own organization)
    Ain't that the truth...especially when we don't know who's reading!

(Beaver County)

Once we get one, I'll post em up at my college, and in a few shops I know if they allow me.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I'm not the one to do it but you need a good graphic for a header. That's the grabber. Then large bold type that they can read before they pick it up. Once you get it in their hands you can get technical.
    Good information. We'll be sure to keep this in mind.

-douglas

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast