Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny River Arsenal

Didn't realize the owner died, he always treated me very good. I did quite a bit of business with them over the years, always got good deals, sad to see them go.

YINZ...yinz doesnt exist in the english language; its like "ONE beer", Pennsylvania

i was told the old man was into some really high end stuff. heard he had a revolver that was president grants. but all hersay.

(Allegheny County)

thats interesting...I have a preorder thats going to be sent to them and when I called to let them know they didnt mention anything about them closing...hope they dont close before the preorder comes in...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sctr22 View Post
    hope they dont close before the preorder comes in...
    I get the feeling it's in the hands of the lawyers now. I don't think anything will change in the next couple months but it seems doubtful they'll last through the year.

(Allegheny County)

I thought Ace's owned a piece of ARA, He bailed them out a few years ago from closing so I have heard. They might not close after all

(Allegheny County)

I stopped in last week to pick up a box of ammo for a buddy of mine. They are definitely closing and the inventory and the late owners collection are all going to auction. They have not set a date for aything yet..

(Allegheny County)

I wonder if they will try to move anything out at discounted prices or if the family will assume auction prices will be better. There are a few pieces there I wouldn't mind grabbing if the numbers were just a bit lower.

(Allegheny County)

Cant hurt to stop by and try!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Shame if they closed, there's some odd ball stuff there. Not your average "gun store" feel to it. It's like 1 part pawn shop, 3 parts collectors heaven, 2 parts standard gun shop. It's wall to wall, stacked to the ceiling with old guns and interesting war and historical memorabilia.

The guy who runs it is great. Unless you act like an idiot in his shop. I was there to witness some guy try to lay some heacy BS on the owner and well, I wouldn't advise it.

Not your black rifle / evil gun HQ. But I haven't seen this kind of all ranges old gun selection anywhere else.

It's honestly worth a trip JUST to look at all the stuff he has. And as mentioned, they treat paying customers extremely well. Even if that's just a box of ammo.
    Im 20 right know, my birthday is in feb, im the type of person that likes rifles and pistols. I dont want any old guns back in the day. I wanted to know do they have any ak's or any sigs there that are new?

(Allegheny County)

They've got some new stuff. Not a huge selection and I have no idea how their prices compare, but stop in and check them out if you have time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast