Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Cant wait till the election is over...

I was looking on GB at Wasr's because I have been looking to buy an AK. I won't put a link to bash someones post, but I looked at a WASR 10/63 and the BIN price was $849.99 plus $40 S&H. I guess theres a sucker born every minute. Anyone think the prices will calm down when the election is over?
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Default Re: Cant wait till the election is over...

Prices will come down if Romney is elected. Only because he will be wanting a second term. we just need to keep electing one term dick heads until we can get a real conservative in. (IMHO)
    You must pay attention to the man behind the curtain. Or you will loose.

(Beaver County)

Dunham's ad today has WASR10 double stack for $449.99.I think its one of their Sunday/Monday only specials.Choose carefully(Watch for CANTED SIGHTS).
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Dunham's ad today has WASR10 double stack for $449.99.I think its one of their Sunday/Monday only specials.Choose carefully(Watch for CANTED SIGHTS).
    It's all week. This is about the 3rd week they've been running that sale. I've seen it mentioned on other AK boards too, probably the better price for WASR10's right now. Just be advised this is probably the one with no bayo-lugs.

The Sun/Monday deal this week is the GSG522SD for under $300 IIRC.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Philadelphia County)

For Chinese AKs it won't matter whose in office or if there is an election. The prices will always go up. No supply and plenty of demand.

Buying now with price jack up is lettimg the market lead you!! Why let them scare you into making a bad buy. I paid $350 for my MAK with a 3rd party plomyer stock. $400 -$500 is too high and is just playing into market scare.

In the end advertiser believe they can lead us like lambs to slaughter, I guess in some case they have and can.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Buying now with price jack up is lettimg the market lead you!! Why let them scare you into making a bad buy. I paid $350 for my MAK with a 3rd party plomyer stock. $400 -$500 is too high and is just playing into market scare.

In the end advertiser believe they can lead us like lambs to slaughter, I guess in some case they have and can.
    You got lucky on that MAK90 for under $400.00, they go for a lot more than that any more. And since they can no longer be imported, they will never get cheaper.

There are several reasons the prices of WASRs have climbed; shipping costs are higher than they were in 2006 when you could get one for under $300.00, higher demand as they are the budget-priced AK and anyone can afford one, and parts prices - as supposedly they can't re-use mil-surp take-off parts in Romania, which I'm sure is pure BS internet rumor.

Regardless, they will not get any cheaper.

Consumers get conditioned to paying a certain price for something - and then continue to buy lacking any substitutes.

We in the USA cut back on our gas consumption - but big oil still hasn't rolled back the price per gallon at under $3.00/gal or less. They don't have to 'cause we're delighted to pay less than $3.70/gallon these days.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.