Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default What's "the" 22 subsonic to use in a suppressed pistol now that PMC moderator is gone

Looking for the ammo that people go to now that PMC moderator is no more.

Please don't suggest CCI Standard, or Remington subsonic, I have shot them back to back with the little PMC I have left: and folks it ain't even close.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

Default Re: What's "the" 22 subsonic to use in a suppressed pistol now that PMC moderator is

Winchester Dynapoint has always worked well for me in my suppressed guns. IIRC CCI subsonic worked fine too.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: What's "the" 22 subsonic to use in a suppressed pistol now that PMC moderator is

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Winchester Dynapoint has always worked well for me in my suppressed guns. IIRC CCI subsonic worked fine too.
    Right, it works, but So does CCI standard and Remington subsonic. I am looking for quietest. How does it match up?

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Years ago the Fioccihi(sp) standard velocity HP was the go to ammo. Was given a box of un-marked Gov. .22 that was supposed to have been used in Vietnam. It looked just like the above standard velocity HP.
    Sorry for the spelling of their name as I am drawing a blank.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

For a bolt rifle, I used Aguilla subsonic with great results.

If you wanna cycle an action, probably CCI.

Haven't tried to cycle any .22 subs in much lately.

Walther P22 cycled fine with them. GSG 1911 didn't
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Cumberland County)

don,t forget aguilla sss. works well in my fussy p22.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    I have heard problems with them stabilizing in a pistol barrel. Don't want to risk a baffle hit.

(Bucks County)

Best subsonic I have found is CCI 40 grn segmented hollow points. CCI part number 0074. I shoot these out of my Mosquito and my 5" barreled .22 upper.I gladly pay $120/shipped per 1000. Super quiet and extremely clean. All the LRN I have tried are dirty and leaded up my can quick. I ran a 1000 rnds of the Gemtech LRN through my can and had to get the baffle's bead blasted from all the lead buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    60 grains may or may not work well, in a AR15 conversion kit with a 1:7 twist, maybe.

I'd think the 1:16 twist in a rifle (CZ 452 American) would just be too much to make them accurate, but you never know until you try them.

I have run them through a can without issue.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Cumberland County)

i tried the cci 0074 segmented and i had chambering problems in my 10-22 with a green mountain barrel. also would not chamber reliably in my p22. i agree they have a nice noise level but they do not work well in my go to 22,s. have also tried the sub sonic cci and the seem to be reliable and accurate, noise level is good as well. when all you hear is the bolt slapping you know you are getting pretty quite. as for the aguilla sss i have heard of the possible stabilization issues but imo the distance traveled through your can and being right off the end of the barrel pretty much eliminates the chance of baffle hits. just not enough time for the pitch and yaw to start.