Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

I spend my life in the pursuit of cheap thrills:-)
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

If your S&W22a functions...consider yourself very fortunate...the ones we had at the shop I worked at were always going back to S&W for repairs. I remember a customer renting one and a piece on the frame broke. That particular pistol was sent back to S&W 3 times and was "repaired". In any production process there will be lemons and some good ones that are produced...Even BMW's or Sig's experience a lemon once in a while...it's the cost of doing business. There is a reason why more Buckmarks and MKII/IIIs are sold versus the S&W 22a.

The Buckmark and MKII/III are work horses...those two pistols are the AR15/AK/870/10-22/1911 of the 22 pistol world. Inexpensive, reliable, good accuracy, after market parts can be found everywhere.

Jay,

you do have an impressive collection.

YES he does!! WOW
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Philadelphia County)

Hey guys.. thanks for all the replies. I now know what to look for.

They have a Viktor High End in .22 at SPAG, its a little pricey at $600(used) , but unless I missed it on the thread, I don't think anybody mentioned it.

What do you guys think of this pistol???

Jay, you have an arsenal worthy of an international man of intrigue!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Never heard of it...that should tell you something...especially at $600 used...if you are going to spend that much, I would recommend a used S&W41.

(Bucks County)

I think it's funny how it always comes back to the BuckMark or the Ruger. That should tell you something about both of them. At present, I own neither. However, I intend to put one or the other in the safe by the end of the year. It's a shame that the Ruger 22/45 doesn't seem as reliable as the Mark II/III, as the former fits my hand (and points) the best.

Here's where I throw the curve ball: Anyone have an opinion (preferably first-hand) of the SIG Trailside? I haven't seen anything definitive, but I see claims that the quality isn't up to the rest of the line. Just curious.
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 03:44 AM.

only becuae the buckmark and the ruger have been making the .22 handguns the longest.. Everyone assumes they are th ebest. Its like a chevy. Been making cars for a long time and many people think that they are the best.
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Montgomery County)

Sometimes if you know what yer doing, ya stay with a product that works, and the MKII and Buckmark models have been around long enuff that the bugs are worked out.
    Use caution witht he Victor, do some shopping around.
    If you really want a killer 22 pistol, and are looking at the Victor, look at the S&W Mod 41, they are fantastic.
    Avoid the current Histandard Citations and such.
    Frankly, i still think you wont go wrong with a good new or used Ruger MKII or III...I prefer the MKII as it has metal sights, but the MKIII has a standard mag release button, not a heel clip release like the MKIIs.
    Also I prefer the stainless model for ease of maintenance, and my sweat is fairly acidic, and I mess up a nice blued finish pretty quick.
    Buckmark Target model works good too.

Avoid all the other model S&Ws, I had one I bought for my Dad, never did get it working, traded it in on a 5" MKII, 50th anniversary model.
    Dad had a much better time with that.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

I would avoid the Sig/Hammerli Trailside...Sig discontinued the Trailside. I was tempted to buying one late last year and started to research the pistol. It has a good trigger on the surface, but when I was researching the pistol. I found out that the triggers were cracking/breaking. I have read where some owner's only had 100 rounds of 22 LR and the triggers cracked. CDNN has bought all of them and have discounted them. If you decide to buy one...be warned of what other Trailside owners had to find out the hard way.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast