Well I bought a Taurus 709 Slim as my first Carry Gun back in February. When I got the gun home from the store and stripped the gun for a through cleaning prior to the first range trip, I found a small defect in the barrel. The defect appeared to be a small patch of very light pitting on the bottom of the barrel prior to the application of the barrel coating. Anyway I called Taurus up because a new gun should be in my opinion near flawless. Anyway Taurus said that the barrels were on back order and that they would call me when the Barrels were in stock so that I could ship the Gun back for repair. I really didn't want to ship the whole gun back but I have the service rep my info and I thought that was the end of it.

Well fast forward about 500 flawless rounds out of the gun until today, I came home from work and there is a small box sitting on my doorstep, I open in the package and inside sits a brand new barrel from Taurus. I really was not too concerned with the light pitting, the gun function flawlessly with no hiccups (other than some from using tula ammo) and I had completely forgot about the barrel. I don't plan on putting the new barrel in the gun since I know and trust the old barrel to be completely reliable. I now have a nice spare just in case to keep in the gun safe.