Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chambersburg Rod and Gun Club (PLEASE HELP!!!)

Hey all...new to the forum so please forgive me if this question is in the wrong place:

Is anyone on this board affiliated with/work for Chambersburg Rod and Gun Club or know how to get into contact with someone there other than the email/phone number provided on their website? I sent in my membership application and check 2-3 months ago, and have made 3 phone calls and sent 3 emails and have gotten no response as to the status of my application. I'd like to use the facilities but I can't get any response from anyone.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd HIGHLY appreciate it.

Thanks
    Jason

Default Re: Chambersburg Rod and Gun Club (PLEASE HELP!!!)

Typically with the rod and gun clubs there's a waiting list. Unknown what it may be currently as my info i a few years old. That and the fact you have to wait to shoot x long between shots and other rules. WILL be there for the Appleseed shoot in Sept though!

Thanks for the reply...maybe that's what the situation is then. Maybe they're on a wait. I would still think that common courtesy would be to return my calls/emails and let me know that if that is the case. Not to mention that I have an $81 check floating around out there for 3 months that could cause me to overdraw my account if I don't keep an eye on it.

I live in Martinsburg so usually I go shooting at the Cove Campground in Gore VA...but I have friends in MD that have shown an interest in shooting or already shoot and I'd like to have an alternate place to go to accommodate those who live too far out to hit the Cove with me.

Thanks again for the response...and I'm happy to hear from anyone else that may be able to shed some light on the subject.

(Lackawanna County)

I just sent a note to someone I know there. I'll let you know when I hear back.

If you PM me your info I can pass it on.

Hey Chainsaw...thank you SO much for your assistance. I just received a phone call from "Kevin" who said he would look into it and see what the status is. I really appreciate you sending the message to your contact...looks like it did the trick

Thanks again
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jayemaych View Post
    I live in Martinsburg so usually I go shooting at the Cove Campground in Gore VA...but I have friends in MD that have shown an interest in shooting or already shoot and I'd like to have an alternate place to go to accommodate those who live too far out to hit the Cove with me.
    I've been to that campground I do believe. If it's the same one the only problems I have with it is that the range isn't so much of a "range" as it is a trash pile. That coupled with the cabins sink leading to a hose dumping in to the lake/pond isn't so good. They're an ass hair away from a D.E.P. shutdown.

Take tose two facts away and I'd absolutely love it there. Just beautiful.

You're definitely right about that. It's pretty much a dump at the top of the mountain. The surrounding camping/lake area is beautiful. Main things I like about it is I can pay $15 and shoot all day, I can shoot all my weapons (shotguns/handguns/rifles) on the same patch of range area that we stake out, and I know people who have legal full-auto weapons that we can take there. And although I am ALL for range-safety, I also enjoy the freedom that an unsupervised range allows to rapid-fire and set up "tactical" targets to practice shooting while moving, etc. for those that are already well-versed in firearm safety. Of the 4 ranges I've been to (Cresap in Frederick MD, Valley Guns in Inwood WV, some range in NoVa that I don't recall, and the Cove), only the Cove allows that freedom. A lot of ranges are just too high with their rates, and add other stipulations like only shooting their ammo that you have to buy from them at a higher cost that makes training cost prohibitive for someone like me who has a budget to consider but typically goes through anywhere from a few 100 to well over 1000 rounds per session several times a month.

As far as the cabin runoff situation...never had any experience with it as I've never camped there...but I believe it and agree that sucks.

And just in case anyone is curious...the hold-up with Chambersburg was that I didn't send the release form with my application (their website is a little confusing...there's a link to a form to fill out that says something like "Membership Application/User Liability Form...and then a separate link for just the liability form)...and I thought clicking the link for the Membership Application/Liability Form was everything I needed to send in, when in reality it was only the application, and the liability form is only available on the separate link. My fault....but I think they should either have all the forms downloadable in one place or separate them better. The lady I talked to said she tried to email me to advise me what the hold up was but I never got anything. Maybe because of spam filters or something...but I look through my junk mail folder and never saw anything either. Anyway...it was just a miscommunication and we got it straight. I'm sending the liability form today so hopefully I'll be shooting there within the next couple weeks

Thanks again Chainsaw...without your getting in touch with your contact for me, this situation may have lingered in limbo indefinitely....

Yeah, next time you're there look up under the cabins. We had 1 and I saw the same at 2 others. Ugh.

And they said anything short of explosives is allowed there! LOL

I'll check out the cabins...I'm going up this Tues morning. Can you rent cabins there or are they only for "events". I know the Boy Scouts have some cabins up there...wasn't sure if there were public cabins for rent.

For sure I've seen guys shooting tannerite up there before. I've shot tracers there but that's about as "hardcore" as I've gotten outside of regular ammo and playing with a few full-autos.

Jayemaych,

I live in Martinsburg too, and for a while was a member at the Chambersburg club. Good place, good folks.

There is a range a little closer, Tango Down, just past the landfill on Allensville road. They allow pretty much anything, on Saturdays there is a guy who brings and rents full auto.

It's a little pricey, $400 for a full year membership. But I figured the price was good considering I didn't have to go through MD, had less of a distance to travel, they provide the targets (paper and steel) & they have separate pistol (50 yds) and rifle (out to 100yds) ranges.

There is also the Izzac Walton League range in Leetown. Its less costly than Tango Down, but they only take members during January. I'm usually paying Christmas bills in January.

I'll go ahead and plug WVCDL here too. Check them out at WVCDL.org. What the NRA does on a national level, the WVCDL tries to do on a state/local level.

If you are interested in checking out Tango Down, shoot me a PM and I'll give you more specific directions, or meet up with you somewhere.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast