Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Chiappa 1911-22 Anyone shoot one yet?

Was in a gun shop on Friday to pick up my AR (back from manuf and possibly repaired). Noticed a pair of Chiappa 1911-22's in the case. Of course I had to handle at least one of them so I asked the clerk if I could check one out. Nice feel to the pistol. Sites were a little crude but adequate and big enough for my old eyes to be able to see. At $260 it seems to be a good price. So what I'm looking for is anyone who owns one or has shot one and their opinion on the pistol.
    Molon Labe

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Chiappa 1911-22 Anyone shoot one yet?

check out the colt gold cup or the sig versions before you buy. either of these two models are better built. granted more exspensive but imo are as step up. we won,t carry the chiappa in the shop the other choices are just to good.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Chiappa 1911-22 Anyone shoot one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    check out the colt gold cup or the sig versions before you buy. either of these two models are better built. granted more exspensive but imo are as step up. we won,t carry the chiappa in the shop the other choices are just to good.
    The Sig is made by GSG. Same pistol with "Sig" painted on the pistol. THe GSG is a nice pistol. A friend looked at the Chiappa then bought the GSG.

(Cumberland County)

sig made by gsg in germany imported by ati. chiappa made in italy imported by chiappa. colt made by walther imported by umarex. all made by different co. and imported by different co. yes there are some similarities but they are different especially when you get your hands on them.

(Indiana County)

A friend just won one of these on a raffle ticket, shot it the other day.

We didn't shoot for groups, he has a motorized gallery type .22 target and the pistol worked flawlessly with the CCI's we were using, I had some Rem Golden bullets and it fed them as well.

Like you said, the sights are a bit crude, but for what we were shooting at they worked fine.

I don't know about the price since his was $10.

I did look at the Sig model at a local shop but have not fired one so I have no opinion there. I wasn't all that impressed by the Sig, seemed cheap, like said above just a subbed out gun marked SIG, just like any other of the same type of current .22's out there modeled after the 1911 I wouldn't spend a pile on any of them.

(Cumberland County)

I've heard too much negative on the Chiappa. When I'm ready, I'm going with the Colt.

I would go with the gsg over the Chiappa... I have felt both and own a gsg. As for the gsg over the Sig. Its the same pistol expect you will pay more for the SIG labeling on the pistol and magazines.

I also like the fact that the gsg magazines can readily be found online or local gun stores.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Susquehanna County)

Wink Re: Chiappa 1911-22 Anyone shoot one yet?

Talked to my FFL about the Chiappa. He has ordered a couple for people. He says they are not the quality of my GSG. Only prob withthe GSG are the mags. $35 ea. But, once you buy them, you're all set.... Or, so I tell my wife.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...

I have a co-worker that has the Chiappa and he likes it. Said it never gave him any trouble and feeds most anything. The only trouble he has had is getting it away from his 15 year old daughter.

(Berks County)

I asked the same question, but on one of the 1911 forums. The GSG seems to be preferred over the Chiappa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast