Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville

I will be happy to do your 45acp ammo. I have a RL 1050 set up for that now. Stop in and we will talk. If you want a special load that will be no problem.
    I am working to expand my reloading / manufacturing shop in the next couple weeks. Again I am one man here, but I will do what I can to help you guys out.

The 45ACP I have loaded now Was going for $16.00 pr 50 but I am out at this time .

(Northampton County)

Just a btt to say I had another great experience with Rich ar American Sport Shooting.

For some reason I thought the shop was open until 8pm. The hours posted are until 7pm and I got there about 5 of 7. I told Rich that I'd be happy to come back and he said not to worry about it and if there was something I'd like to see he'd be happy to show me.

Long story short, I ended up getting a Bushmaster Carbon 15 and will be returning sometime today to pick up some additional mags.

As usual, Rich was very helpful and answered any questions I had. American Sport Shooting is definitely my shop of choice for any firearms purchases.

Skullz

(Monroe County)

Ritch was instrumental in finding a handgun to fit my girls hand 2 yrs later Ritch Fit her with a Sig that we will pick up soon So kudos for his patience
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Monroe County)

I just had another great experiance at Rich's place. I just bought a Gemtech supressor that he ordered for me. We took care of the paperwork and now I have to wait for the ATF!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I just had another great experiance at Rich's place. I just bought a Gemtech supressor that he ordered for me. We took care of the paperwork and now I have to wait for the ATF!
    Where did you go to get fingerprinted? I want to get a 223 and a 45 suppressor sometime very very soon.

(Monroe County)

Wink Re: American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville

Local, municiple, and state police can do it for you or if you are good, you can do it yourself!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Local, municiple, and state police can do it for you or if you are good, you can do it yourself!
    Many places refuse to do it or have some weird hours when they'll do it like every 2nd Thursday 12:30pm to 4pm.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville

Stopped in Yesterday to see what cans my unexpected bonus would be buying. Cans take a while but underfolder yugo and taurus millennium in 45acp are instant gratification :-) . I wanted an XD45 in subcompact for a while but since XD hasn't bothered to release it I went for the closest thing.

Rich also took the time to show me how to assemble a stripped lower. The primmers on AR15 are nice and all and the grainy youtube video is useful but seeing it in person is totally different.

He has more stripped stag lowers in stock if anyone is interested.

As always great and friendly service. His glock/xd/taurus/berretta prices are same or better then gunbroker so it's hard to go wrong.

(Carbon County)

I happened to see the store for the first time driving out to an IDPA match (Blue Ridge Cherry Valley) about 3 weeks ago. That was on a Sunday. I pulled into the parking lot and noticed that there were people in the store so I decided to check the joint out. As I rolled up the the door I noticed the store hours, which didn't include sunday. I opened the door and asked if they were open. He said sometimes he opens on sunday from 11-3 or so. Just if he feels like it. I walked around the store and found everything I look for in a gun shop and nothing I don't. I knew I wanted to come back.

Then about 2 weeks ago I stopped in, again on a Sunday, to check the place out a bit more thoroughly.
    I was also looking for some Mace because my wife and I were taking a vacation in NYS and I couldn't pack heat. Damn NY Commies. I had a very fulfilling conversation w/Rich for about an hour and a half about many gun related topics.

I'm planning on stopping by there today to say hi and to get some mags for my G31. I think that's what Rich packs so I'm sure he'll have some mags for it hanging on the wall. That is if he didn't keep all of them for himself. LOL.

Boyer used to be my go-to gun joint. Not anymore. Rich's prices seem to be pretty much in line with Boyer and if you buy from him, you know your shopping with a guy who is very genuinely motivated and outspoken about preserving our rights. When society collapses and the fit hits the shan, I'm going to want Rich on my fire team. I like the cut of his jib. LOL. But seriously, I think he's a good person.

Mike.

Update:
    Just came back from the store. Had another nice conversation w/Rich and another guy that was working there. Also met another customer who I have something interesting in common with. He had 4 G31 mags for $20. I only bought 3. I asked why they were cheaper than other stores. Rich told me they were mags he bought before the price increase so he's selling them for the cheaper price. When he gets new ones in they will be at the higher price. See...That's honesty. I know for a fact a lot of dealers raised the price of all the mags they had in stock at the time of the price increase. Even though they bought them at the cheaper wholesale price. Worse than that when dealers get a trade in w/2 mags in the box many times they resell the used pistol with only one of the mags. Then they sell the spare separately. Usually at the price of a new mag. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing. Business is business....I get it. I'm just saying Rich has gone the extra mile in the honesty department.

Actually the reason I didn't buy all 4 was kind of stupid. I figured if another customer came in for a 31 mag there would be at least 1 so he wouldn't be disappointed. I figured the store would look better if they had at least 1 in stock. Then I left and felt stupid for not snatching that one up too.

Mike.
    Last edited by lewprinting; August 30th, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

(Northampton County)

LOL! Mike If you want the last mag I will be more than happy to put it away for you.

Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast