Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: My first handgun -- Glock 19!

Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    We should all meet there one day and play men style, I have a few goodies I can contribute. XDM 45 acp 3.8 viridian C5L and the up and new coming best trigger gun a Walther PPQ .. Let me know if you guys are interested,
    In..let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Don't shoot yourself kid.
    Huh? A Glock is triple protected. You need the little red thing to tell you when it's dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    Huh? A Glock is triple protected. You need the little red thing to tell you when it's dangerous?
    Given the number of people, professionals included, that shoot themselves with Glocks, i guess they should be quadruple protected....

(Dauphin County)

Given the number of people, professionals included, that shoot themselves with Glocks, i guess they should be quadruple protected....

The shorthand version of why that wouldn't work is "you can't fix stupid". No matter how many safety mechanisms you build in, people will find ways to defeat them. There are doubtless plenty of negligent incidents involving Glocks which could have been prevented (or at least delayed) with a safety button or lever separate from the trigger, but then I'm sure there are plenty of negligent incidents involving 1911s (or Berettas, or whatever) which could have been prevented by encasing the gun entirely in Lucite.

Keep your finger (and other objects) off the trigger, and a Glock won't fire. Pull the trigger, or cause something to pull it, and it will fire. I like a straightforward design like that. Your mileage may vary.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Cumberland County)

If 1 million people drive Chevy Cavaliers and 250,000 people drive Pontiac Sunfires, does the fact that 100,000 out of the 1 million crash their Cavaliers and 50,000 out of the 250,000 crash their Sunfires mean Cavaliers are more susceptible to being crashed?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Keep your finger (and other objects) off the trigger, and a Glock won't fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    If 1 million people drive Chevy Cavaliers and 250,000 people drive Pontiac Sunfires, does the fact that 100,000 out of the 1 million crash their Cavaliers and 50,000 out of the 250,000 crash their Sunfires mean Cavaliers are more susceptible to being crashed?
    Guys, Valorius is our resident Glock Troll. There's one on every forum. Don't bother responding to his nonsense about them. He's even admitted in another thread that Glocks are perfectly good self-defense firearms.

Don't feed the Troll.

Proof: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/15...ml#post1852858
    Last edited by FNG19; May 23rd, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    The shorthand version of why that wouldn't work is "you can't fix stupid". No matter how many safety mechanisms you build in, people will find ways to defeat them. There are doubtless plenty of negligent incidents involving Glocks which could have been prevented (or at least delayed) with a safety button or lever separate from the trigger, but then I'm sure there are plenty of negligent incidents involving 1911s (or Berettas, or whatever) which could have been prevented by encasing the gun entirely in Lucite.

Keep your finger (and other objects) off the trigger, and a Glock won't fire. Pull the trigger, or cause something to pull it, and it will fire. I like a straightforward design like that. Your mileage may vary.
    You very much can fix stupid.

We do it every day in cars with systems such as traction control, ABS, air bags, seat belts, etc. We do it on saws with blade guards. We do it on guns with manual safeties, magazine safeties, loaded chamber indicators (Which Gen 3 and newer glocks do have), grip safeties, etc, etc.

A glock is the same as a car with no airbags, no seat belt, no ABS and no traction control. If it was a car, it would be a "drivers car", like a Porsche 911.

A car that is a tremendously capable machine, but one that will kill you very quickly if you are stupid or INEXPERIENCED.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    It may. It may not.

We'd have to dig deeper. People have dug deeper with glocks. They are the most sued gun manufacturer in the history of firearms.

They would be a great choice for robots that make no mistakes. For people that do dumb shit CONSTANTLY, not so much.

YMMV.

@FNG19 (who is on my ignore list, i dont know what possessed me to read his predictable personal insult post), Glocks are perfectly functional weapons. They are also highly unforgiving of mistakes. Just like a Porsche 911 of the days of yore.

Porsche learned from their mistakes and added ABS, traction control, AWD, etc, etc. Glock.....not so much.

Having a divergent view and explaining it clearly does not make one a troll. However, calling someone a troll because you don't agree with them is a personal attack. Therefore, i have reported your post to the mods.
    Last edited by Valorius; May 23rd, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Guys, Valorius is our resident Glock Troll. There's one on every forum. Don't bother responding to his nonsense about them. He's even admitted in another thread that Glocks are perfectly good self-defense firearms.

Don't feed the Troll.

Proof: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/15...ml#post1852858
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. So far in this thread his were in jest. ...nothing serious to derail the thread.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Lets keep this thread on track.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I'll refrain from posting further, i said my piece, which in essence was, "Be very careful new hand gun owner, your new pistol is unforgiving of mistakes."

If i was a salesman at a Porsche dealership and some guy came in and bought a vintage 1980s era 911 Turbo, i would tell him the exact same thing.

Because i care about my fellow man. I was also trying to keep it light and not be mean spirited or combative about it as i issued my word of advice.

/unsubscribed.

(Chester County)

My first handgun was a PPQ that has even less of a trigger pull then a Glock, I cannot imagine what he thinks of that lol, even a 1911 fully at the ready hammer back and ready can be safe as long as the finger stays away from the trigger, I know many who carry them, the Glock is perfectly safe
    Just looking out for the well being of fellow man? Or being smug? Don't shoot yourself is hardly a nice way to say something. 90% of people carry glocks the other 10% carry everything else, so statistics on people shooting themselves per gun brand are basically just a majority of what people carry not an actual projection of gun brands they shoot them selfs with. Don't let others give your inventory or anything like that, just be safe as I hope everyone is being. I carry my PPQ everywhere even when I take jogs, and it's always ready to rumble. No issues here , just keep my finger away unless I need it. Congrats again on your beautiful gun buddy.

So when do you guys want to meet up to shoot?

Anthony-
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast