Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Rifle Locker

(Bucks County)

Default Rifle Locker

Hey all, Well my rifle collection has been growing and I was just looking around google for a Rifle Locker. I dont have much Space for a Full size Vault, so Im interested in something that would fit nice into a corner of a walk in closet. Metal with a good lock on it. I have seen some online that i like the look of, However being online i have no tangible experience with them. Basically, Does anyone know of any brands or types, that are good in your opinion? Thanks for all the Help!
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Rifle Locker

I currently have a Homak 10 gun model.

Since I'm living in an apartment and have been moving around my whole life, there's no way I can have a real safe.

The thing I like about the Homak is the door has dual locks and there's holes drilled in the back on 16" centers so you can lag screw it into the studs in the wall.

I think it only weighs about 70 pounds empty, which you could probably move by yourself if you had to.

The one I have now is full and I'll be looking into getting another one myself soon.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakinClaw View Post
    Hey all, Well my rifle collection has been growing and I was just looking around google for a Rifle Locker. I dont have much Space for a Full size Vault, so Im interested in something that would fit nice into a corner of a walk in closet. Metal with a good lock on it. I have seen some online that i like the look of, However being online i have no tangible experience with them. Basically, Does anyone know of any brands or types, that are good in your opinion? Thanks for all the Help!
    Drak
    I just bought one of these for my apartment: Sentry 8-gun cabinet

It's not a true gun safe but it is decent and only weighs 65 pounds.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakinClaw View Post
    Drak
    Well, I can tell you what NOT to get! Do NOT get the cheapo green metal ones that Wal-Mart sells. DH had gotten one because they were cheap, and he was only looking for someplace to lock up the guns so the grandbaby couldn't get hold of them. I guess they work for that purpose, BUT, 1.) they are flimsy as all get out. Cheap sheet metal--while that DOES make them easy for 1 person to cart upstairs and move into position, you could simply punch a hole in the sie and get the guns out that way. 2.) they do NOT accomodate scoped rifles--to get scope rifles in, you have to turn them sideways, which takes away the slot for another rifle. 3.) Obviously, these things are NOT fire-proof, or even fire-retardent. A fire around one of these things would turn it into an oven that would self-destruct, turning your guns and the locker into a mass of melted metal.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Exclamation Re: Rifle Locker

Ive got a stack-on gun cabinet. It works well for the money and is better than nothing, which is what i'd have without it.It holds ten guns (w/ scope extention) and has storage on the other door.
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
    - HMPM-
    - GoArmy.com

(Bucks County)

Ditto to DanP, Sentry has a good line of gun safes that are cost-friendly. Search the web for a good distributor that will ship directly to you or save $80 and have it shipped to a loading dock of your choice. One problem with the Sentrys, they fill up fast(know what I mean)...Mike45

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    One problem with the Sentrys, they fill up fast(know what I mean)...Mike45
    Do you mean to tell me that there is a brand that doesn't fill up too fast?????
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

Billamj, if there is a brand, I have not found it yet. Or is it me??? Mike45

(Chester County)