Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 advice?

(Chester County)

Default 1911 advice?

I'm looking to pick up a two tone black/stainless 1911. I've got it narrowed down to the following three,

Taurus pt1911 duo tone
    Kimber eclipse custom ii
    Springfield loaded black stainless px9154

Of these three which has the best reliability(once broken in) and has the best fit and finish and features? I've searched everywhere locally to handle these with no luck. Will just be a range gun, thanks for the advice in advance!

(York County)

Default Re: 1911 advice?

Well, I have had a standard pt1911,( was ok, underwhelming ), and currently have a Kimber Eclipse Pro II (4"). I own several other 1911's, but if I could only keep one, it would be this one. It is by far the most reliable and accurate of all my pistols, feeds anything and one hole accurate at 25 feet. It runs so good and accurate that it has become my edc and the one I would stake my life on when the s.h.t.f.

(Bucks County)

My vote is the springer.

Double check but I believe the two tone Springfield is a light weight model which is an aluminum frame. The Pt1911 is a decent gun, but the other two are more money by at least $200, I have no Kimber experience but my loaded Springfield jammed on everything I fed it. I'm looking into a Colt xse or a Colt rail gun currently, but I have had two Pt1911 pistols and they worked great.

(Monroe County)

Don't discount the Rock Island Armory two tone 1911. Much cheaper on the pocket to buy compared to the others which will leave plenty of cash left over for ammo and accessories. Great range gun and I trust mine for carry duty.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

I have had horrible 1911 experiences with Springfield, my first 1911. I own a Nighthawk now, and there really is no comparison, as I was reminded just two weeks ago when I saw a barely resistible chrome Springfield 1911 in a dealer's case for a fantastic price. One rack of the slide and I was brought back to the bad days when I didn't own a 1911 that was made out of butter. So I would pick the Kimber if those are my three choices.

(Chester County)

I'm really torn on this purchase. I like all three for different reasons. I'd like to buy all 3 to be honest!

I personally think my choice comes down to the springer or kimber. The Taurus is nice but I like to purchase quality items that will retain their value, I'm just not sure the Taurus will do this even though I think it looks like a fine piece.

If you are considering buying a Kimber you might want to look at a Colt like the xse or the rail gun if you need a light on it. Plenty of other colts are really nice as well.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    If you are considering buying a Kimber you might want to look at a Colt like the xse or the rail gun if you need a light on it. Plenty of other colts are really nice as well.
    Just a thought.
    Well if you are going to go that far, you should include S&W. They are the best mass-produced 1911s out there and would be the same price as Kimber. But of the three OP mentioned, I am forced to pick Kimber.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by UBC2006 View Post
    I have had horrible 1911 experiences with Springfield, my first 1911. I own a Nighthawk now, and there really is no comparison, as I was reminded just two weeks ago when I saw a barely resistible chrome Springfield 1911 in a dealer's case for a fantastic price. One rack of the slide and I was brought back to the bad days when I didn't own a 1911 that was made out of butter. So I would pick the Kimber if those are my three choices.

no shit! unless its coming out of scs there would obviously be no comparison. thats like saying my diesel chevette was snappy but now i got a mclaren thats much faster.

out of those three, id go springer ive had a few springers and ive never had a problem, not one bobble with any of them. if your ever gonna be worried with warranty work id run not walk away from kimber as fast as your feet will take you to your diesel chevette.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast