Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Had NFA engraving done....

On a lower and got bogged down with money and we moved to a new town. Now my question is can I still use the information on that lower for a Form 1? I got it engraved on the front of the mag-well with my name and city.

Or should I get another lower and get it engraved?

Thanks

Default Re: Had NFA engraving done....

just guessing here. but I would think that you need to have your new info on the gun if it it hasnt been formed 1 yet.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Had NFA engraving done....

The information needs to be the name, city and state of the manufactuer at the time of manufacturing AKA the time when the approved Form 1 is used to make the weapon.

That being said it depends. If your former address was you living with a parent/relative and they still live there while you moved, you could likely use the information as-is so long as you can still receive mail there. They will send the F1 back to that address. If this is applicable, you can simply call the NFA Branch when you receive the approved F1 and update the address where the NFA item is stored at AKA your new address. I believe they want this in a letter to update the registry.

The most likely scenario here would be for instance if you still lived at your parents' house/with a relative and then moved out to a place on your own. You could get away with this.

If you moved altogether and some random person now lives there I'm afraid your only option is going to be to engrave a new lower (or do something to otherwise fix the engraving on the first lower) and file a F1 with the correct information.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer