Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Went to the Dark Side...

Well today I finally got a Glock. Traded my Taurus 1911 straight up for a police trade-in Glock 22 .40SW at the local dealer here in Montana. The Glock already has the trijicon night sights and looks to have been minimally fired throughout it's lifetime at the department. I am happy with my deal and can't wait to pick it up tomorrow(forgot to bring a copy of my orders with me). Will let you all know how she shoots when I get her home .
    United States Air Force 2010-2016

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Went to the Dark Side...

Everyone is getting Glocks. I bought my first, G19, two weeks ago and my second, G20, Friday. Just waiting for it to come in. I was a skeptic but that was gone after the second shot. Congrats, I think you'll feel the same

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beest21 View Post
    Well today I finally got a Glock. Traded my Taurus 1911 straight up for a police trade-in Glock 22 .40SW at the local dealer here in Montana. The Glock already has the trijicon night sights and looks to have been minimally fired throughout it's lifetime at the department. I am happy with my deal and can't wait to pick it up tomorrow(forgot to bring a copy of my orders with me). Will let you all know how she shoots when I get her home .
    Dark side? Welcome to the ownership of the MOST reliable handgun in the world. You did a good thing.

(Bucks County)

You can't call your gun collection complete without at least one Glock. Love 'em or hate 'em, there's no denying Glock sets the standard all other polymers are measured against, and always will be. Period.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beest21 View Post
    Your not going to the dark side, your buying one of the best bang for the buck handguns out there! Glocks are durable, reliable and very accurate out of the box, the more rounds you put through them, the better they get! Why do you think when their patents ran out many manufacturers immediately started copying their work? I recently purchased a couple M&P's and an XDM just to have something like a Glock to compare to my GLock. I would still rate Glock #1 out of those 3 overall. The XDM is a close second, if not better. The only thing holding me back from saying that it's better is they just haven't been around long enough or have the proven track record of a Glock. The m&P was an easy dead last...

People aren't just starting to buy Glocks, they have been flying off the shelves for years! The easiest way to tell a fellow gun enthusiest is an idiot or just plain doesn't know what he is talking about is the one who bashes Glock. If it doesn't fit your hand, fine, don't buy it. If you don't like the way it looks, fine, don't buy it. Outside of those 2 reasons, there are no reasons not to buy a Glock!

(Lackawanna County)

anytime you can trade out of a "insert any taurus handgun here" to a glock you made a wise decision!

(Bucks County)

.......welcome to the Dark Side. Come on in. The waters warm.

(Lycoming County)

I completely agree that the Glock is a reliable firearm, hence why I now am the proud owner of one. Just got back from picking it up at the gun shop. Gave it a good cleaning and it is now on my hip. Can't wait to go out and put some rounds through it. Don't get me wrong I liked the Taurus 1911, but the fact that they decided to be different and make and odd sized accessory rail is what made me trade for the Glock. After quite a few months of not being able to find a single retention holster for the Taurus it was time for it to go. Ill upload some pics later today.

(Lycoming County)