Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Greetings from behind enemy lines...

Hi, My name is Chris and i am sad to say i live in the peoples republic of Massachusetts. I am originally from south jersey, but spent much of my childhood in Pennsylvania, My fondest childhood memories and as i grew up are going to Amish country and the green dragon. I am bringing my girlfriend down this Thursday morning and staying until Friday night so she can get a little more of a taste of where i am from.
    I will stay in ephrata for the night go to the green dragon on Friday morning and perhaps try to check out some gun shops while i am there.
    Anyone have any recommendations? Are there firearms sold at the green dragon?
    I have a PA LTC, and a C and R

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Greetings from behind enemy lines...

No firearms at Green Dragon, but there's Musser's not too far from there now. It used to be Trout Run, but changed hands a couple years ago. I've been in a few times, bought a rifle up there. Nice fellows.

If you haven't been down here recently, that particular part of Ephrata has changed somewhat. It's built up a bit more in the past few years. Oh and Green Dragon isn't quite the same as what it was, it's now more flea market crap and is catering more to tour buses from NY/NJ than it once was. They've expanded the parking considerably. I prefer Roots now.

Question for you now, is there really a Twinkie Plant in Natick?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Default Re: Greetings from behind enemy lines...

There used to be, but that was a long time ago. It is now a mall. That is unfortunate to hear that is built up, but not surprising. Where i grew up in new jersey there was nobody for miles and miles. I lived on a postal route since there were no real streets. It was disappointing to go back to find the farm i grew up on is now a housing development.

What about things like gun parts/parts kits? We don;t have any places that sell them locally except for gun shows, is it the same down there?