Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Advantage Arms .22 caliber conversion for Glock 17, 17L, G22, G31, G34, G35, G37

To start I was looking to get more trigger time with my glock for less of a hit on my wallet. Currently I have over 15,000 rounds through my glock since 2004. My father bought this pistol in 04 before I was 21. I have been target shooting with it and him ever since. About a year ago I purchased the 22 conversion kit and have enjoyed it and taken much less of a hit on my ammo fund.

P.O.U.
    Training
    Warm up before shooting more expensive calibers
    Fun
    Survival Pistol (becomes very light with the polymer frame)

Pros
    Quick change for 22 conversion
    Mags are cheap, they drop free, and fit most mag carriers.
    Reliability is pretty good for a rim fire pistol. (no major problems yet this is always on going testing in my opinion and is ammo specific)
    Accepts Glock sights for more realistic training for your carry or competition pistol setup.
    Makes a very light weight pistol with 22 kit that could be used as a survival gun or pack gun.
    Packaging is quite nice.

Cons
    Makes your frame quite dirty and requires much more cleaning than shooting 9mm.
    Mags only 10 rounds. There are non-factory mags that have larger capacity. I would like to see mags that would have the same capacity as the gun it is being mounted on for more realistic training.
    Some ammo it does not like at all.
    If you rack it slow it will flip the shell up and out of the chamber. It works perfectly though when doing the sling shot method or dropped with slide release.

Overall I would recommend this conversion to anyone. The accuracy is great, the experience is amazing, and it is just plain fun. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me. Some of the pictures shows the carbon build up for a typical range day for me. This include around 200 rounds of 9mm and probably about the same amount of 22lr. The bullets for me I found to be best price and reliability is Remington Golden Bullet Value pack. These are Brass-Plated Hollow Points and I average about one or two stoppages per 525 box. We have tried others, but these seem to be about the best.

Mag

Weights compared to stock Glock 17

Box it comes in

Pistol comes with Glock factory adjustable sights

Picture of Assembled pistol

Firing pin

Resting Mechanism

Glock frame after a day of shooting

Picture of the hook and reset bar

Feed ramp carbon build up

Glock vs Advantage Arms slides

Last edited by shooker8; May 12th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Advantage Arms .22 caliber conversion for Glock 17, 17L, G22, G31, G34, G35, G37

I might have to get a threaded barrel version..

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Advantage Arms .22 caliber conversion for Glock 17, 17L, G22, G31, G34, G35, G37

Nice review thanks for posting it. Great job with the pics, you know we love the pics!
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776