Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default SR1911 almost home

Placed a deposit and put myself on the list for a Ruger SR1911 at Tanner's on April 11th.

Called to see if the list had moved at all since then. I was told I was next in line! If i don't get a call today, it should be next week !!

Woohoo!! Pumped.....it will be my first 1911.....had to share.......

(Bucks County)

Default Re: SR1911 almost home

how much????
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    how much????
    //// $619.00

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter X View Post
    //// $619.00
    It's good to see they didn't price gouge you. They have gone for more than that, used, on Gun Broker.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It's good to see they didn't price gouge you. They have gone for more than that, used, on Gun Broker.
    Yes, i know people have paid much more for it

Tanner's is a good place to do business. I have yet to see any unreasonable prices there. Friendly guys behind the counter also.

I highly recommend them.

Shooter, I thought that you might want to know some in depth info regarding the SR1911 here id a review on the SR1911 by a custom 1911 smith detailing just about everything there is to know about the SR1911 and how to improve it.

http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...ht=1911+review

(Allegheny County)

You're gonna love it. I've had mine almost a year now (bought the 3rd one delivered in the Pittsburgh zone), have hundreds of rounds through it, and am very pleased. It shoots to point of aim, has just enough bells and whistles on it, and nothing beats a 1911. I told the guys at Ruger I want the first SR1911C. Ruger denies it, but I'm sure this gun is coming out in a Commander size as soon as they fill all the backorders for the SR1911's. Hmmm, that could take a year!
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

It is an exceptional 1911 for the money and you paid $6 less then I did so Tanners is a GReat place to do business. I find the Ruger 1911 a very good bargain for what you get, the parts that its built on are top nocth for this price range. The material, sights, SS and the way its put together shows American know how. The guns built well and shoots very accuarately. The only down side is the frame is not forged, other then that this is a very good 1911 Ruger has made.

Becasue of that its in HIGH demand. A recent thread had it selling for $850, when you get yours you just made $238 dollars ;-)
    Last edited by Neko456; May 14th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    It is an exceptional 1911 for the money and you paid $6 less then I did so Tanners in this day and age is a GReat place to do business. I find the Ruger 1911 a very good bargain for what you get, the parts that its built on or top nocth for this price range the material sights, SS and the way its put together shows American know how. The guns built well and shoots very accuarately. The only down side is the frame is forged, other then that this is a very good 1911 Ruger has made.

Becasue of that its in HIGH demand. A recent thread had it selling for $850, when you get yours you just made $238 dollars ;-)
    Neko--the frame, as well as the slide, are investment castings. I have several Ruger handguns with investment cast frames, and with modern techniques, investment cast is as strong as a forging. One could argue the point forever, but in the "old days", everything was forged. Ruger is pretty much on point for investment castings. It makes for interesting reading if you care to look up the two different methods.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

Quote Originally Posted by WOP2 View Post
    Neko--the frame, as well as the slide, are investment castings. I have several Ruger handguns with investment cast frames, and with modern techniques, investment cast is as strong as a forging. One could argue the point forever, but in the "old days", everything was forged. Ruger is pretty much on point for investment castings. It makes for interesting reading if you care to look up the two different methods.
    456 - I don't have a problem with the gun being Casted from what I understand so are some of there 44 mags. Ruger has a way of making it work. Though the 1911 purist crowd perfers a forged gun, perferablly out of one block of metal that cost you hundreds more. Ruger has made a beliver out of me in their revolvers and 1911s/semiautos. At this price ramge a good cast gun is alright.

I don't discount how Colt, SA,Kimber, DWA or Wilson, Les Baer and other high quailty firms do their's or why it thought the better way of doing it but it is $$$ly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast