Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Allegheny County)

Default Coraopolis Sportsmen's Association

does anyone here belong to the coraopolis sportsmen's association?

i heard they had an indoor pistol range that is open 24hrs to members...which got me all excited...but then i heard they don't allow metal jacketed ammo...which got me unexcited cause shooting unjacketed lead bullets through glocks is supposedly not good for them (due to the hexagonal barrel).

anybody a member? if so, is it true that you cannot use jacketed bullets in the indoor range? (i can understand why you might not be allowed to...not complaining, just asking.)

i've tried stopping out there a couple of times, but there has never been anyone "official" around.

thanks.

stan

(or, does anyone know of any other pistol ranges that are open late at night around pittsburgh?)

(Allegheny County)

A little off of the subject but I live 3 miles away from the coraopolis range and never once stoped in to check it out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sks762
    A little off of the subject but I live 3 miles away from the coraopolis range and never once stoped in to check it out.
    hey sks762...glad to see you on this board. i live in lawrenceville (just up the allegheny from the strip district).

i saw in another of your posts that you shoot at the forest grove sportsmen's association...where is that?

i tried to look it up on the web, but couldn't find a whole lot of info other than it is in the 412 area code, so it can't be too far away.

stan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota
    hey sks762...glad to see you on this board. i live in lawrenceville (just up the allegheny from the strip district).

i saw in another of your posts that you shoot at the forest grove sportsmen's association...where is that?

i tried to look it up on the web, but couldn't find a whole lot of info other than it is in the 412 area code, so it can't be too far away.

stan
    it is about 5 mins off I-79 its next to robinson twp. its pretty easy to find if you want detailed directions I can tell you

(Allegheny County)

yeah, if you could post or PM me directions, that would be great.

i'm trying to find a good club to join (that isn't quite as far of a drive as greater pittsburgh gun club). i'd like to find one with a range i can use late at night as that is when i usually actually have time to shoot. even if they don't have that, though, i am still interested in checking it out.

i do most of my shooting at the game commission range off of route 910...but you can't practice drawing and shooting, or moving and shooting, the shortest targets are about 12 yards, it gets crowded as new york city on weekends, etc.

thanks!

stan

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Shooting range near Robinson ?

Hey SKS762, is that true there is a forest groove shooting range near Robinson Twsp. ? I'd like to know that too, I'm closed to the International Airport..e-mail me the direction and maybe we can meet at the range too someday, how much does it cost to be a member ?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Coraopolis Sportsmen's Association

Hi, I'm new to the Pittsburgh area and I'm looking for a sportsman's club, an indoor archery range (league) and a shooting range. I live in the Robinson Twnshp area (Pennsbury). Any help is much appreciated.

Go Steelers!!!

thanks

(Allegheny County)

FWIW, CDSA dues are $50.00/year, plus a buck donation to use the range.

You can have a guest twice, then the expectation is that they join or don't come back.

They've been around forever, and despite the fact that the Robinson/Kennedy/FG/Moon area is a desirable housing locale - they are likely quite safe from ever being closed down by yuppie hegemony.

Centerfire rifles, FMJ and magnum loads are not welcome indoors for reasons of damage - the careless or purposeful kind - that can be done inside to the facility. Is a reasonable request.

If you walk/bike the Montour Trail from RTCenter TOWARDS Kennedy, you pass right thru FG. Not so with the remote CDSA facility.

AFAIK, FG has the larger outdoor facilities than the smallish CDSA.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post

Centerfire rifles, FMJ and magnum loads are not welcome indoors for reasons of damage - the careless or purposeful kind - that can be done inside to the facility. Is a reasonable request.

Coraopolis Sportsmans has changed their indoor range policy. They now allow FMJ. No magnum or rifle loads. 22 rifles are allowed as well.

(Allegheny County)

Hi, all. New here, and to shooting hand guns. I was looking into information on the Coraopolis Range or Forest Grove.Are they the same place? I work In Coraopolis and Live in Bethel Park, Figured I could go on my lunch break and fire a few rounds if I could Join there. Anyone know of any where near Bethel also other than Anthony Arms? Library Club is a little expensive for me. Feel free to email me with information. gdg5220@aol.com Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast