Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock convert

(Lancaster County)

Default Glock convert

Some of you may remember that I slowly stopped shooting/carrying after I got married. Over time when financial crisis occurred, gun by gun, my collection was gone. When I got divorced I found my way back. I put a Glock 17 on layaway but when it was paid off I balked and ordered an RIA 1911 instead. The government model was my go to gun, always was.

Well, it's been about six months and after trying to get another RIA, this one in 9mm with no success I decided what the hell and got a G19. After all, it's what all the cool kids have, right? I was never a Glock hater, actually I like the physical appearance of the Glock. All business, no nonsense. That's how I like my stuff. Basic, utilitarian.

I picked it up last Friday and finally got to the range tonight. My first shot was on the nine/eight ring, 2nd, 3rd and 4th disappeared the X! I was making fist sized groups consistently for nearly sixty rounds that I had. Not bad for a guy that hasn't shot more than a few hundred rounds after a decade away. Yes, I had a few flyers but I concluded that was from my excitement. I even had a slight adrenaline dump.

Glock 19 is my new EDC. I feel a little gun nuttish saying this but I love this gun! It really feels like it was made for me. Even the balance of it seems perfect. I guess a lot of you know that though.

Oh yeah, I only got hit in the forehead twice by ejected brass!
    Last edited by Mitch10mm; May 9th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock convert

I was never really a Glock guy either, but I do like the 19! Fits me *almost* as well as my USPc.

I know there's a Glock 23 somewhere in my future

(Philadelphia County)

mitch, with your screen name, you need a G20!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by kimura View Post
    mitch, with your screen name, you need a G20!
    Aww crap. You're right. I do. My son wants a P99 and said I can't get anything else until he gets his. I think it's time for him to go live with his Mom for awhile!

Homewrecker!

(Centre County)

The KoolAid is yummy......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Northampton County)

Mitch10mm there right the 20 series ought to do for you, I just fininshing building a G22 last week pics will be up soon and now I am building a G23 this week I put tose photos up at the same time. The stock glock trigger just didn't not cut for me but now that I found the fulcrum trigger I am really staring to love these pistols. They can be very accurate besides functional.. Brian / EFR Ps the real problem with pistols is that i just can't stop buying them!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

I always liked and preferred the 10mm. My Delta Elite was my carry gun and got the most attention at from me at the range. When I sold the DE was when it was all over for me and guns. I thought I'd eventually find another original Delta. Now, thanks guys and Glock, I think I will be on the lookout for a good deal on a G20..

I'm going to shoot the 19 some more and get some more experience, let it all come back to me and then look into the Fulcrum trigger. I never did any work on firearms other then cleaning. So I'm not sure about making those type of adjustments? I used to be a fairly good shot and last night with the Glock 19 I was impressed with the gun more than my abilities. This Fulcrum trigger is something you would really recommend?

(Luzerne County)

After dropping it in my 23 I strongly recommend it. It is pretty easy to install, a good way to get your feet wet if you ask me. It is a drop in part, just remove three pins and pull out the old, drop in the new and put the pins back.

(Northampton County)

Mitich10mm you are only an 1 1/2 from me some Saturday drive up and I will take you to the range -shoot my 2 with the fulcrum trigger setup and compare to your glock. Its not a hard install. Any one can do it with minimal tools required. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

You have come to a conclusion that many have made Glock 19 are the do all pistols when it comes to Range and CC. Like you its one of my favorirtes compact easy to shoot accurately fast and fairly easy to conceal. And like you probably feel I feel far more prepared then when I am carry the more concarlable small guns like my Kel Tec P11 or Phoniex 22LR pistols.

Unlike you I didn't like Glocks UNTIL I bought one (the G19) now its all down hill now, I own 3 and looking for a G34. Enjoy your Glock 19 I trully enjoy mines.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast