Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default "I just want to shoot some tight groups."

"With a gun that doesn't look like a brick."

Video is english subtitled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Default Re: "I just want to shoot some tight groups."

Pretty good.

Haven't seen one of those in a while.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

I've seen that video used so many other ways... that was just plain awesome!
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

I've been saving this picture for the right thread.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    I've been saving this picture for the right thread.

Awesome! I saw one on another forum that was sort of like that. It said "Glock- for those that can't afford quality." Wish I would have saved it.

(Perry County)

"Have you priced .45ACP lately?" LOL.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

That poster should say "1911's the number one gun to eat shit at an IDPA match." Just because it is.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Almost any gun can shoot tight groups. But I find that find the factory ammo that it likes and practice. To better fine tune the system relaod and find which load it likes and reload round just for that gun. That usually gets pretty tught groups and more practice.

The 1911 can get you some really impressive groups but the Sig, Browning, Berettas, Glocks, S&W, Rugers and H&Ks can also print well. Even Taurus are pretty accurate.

Tnen we have another delima now that you can do it slow. How tight can you group shooting fast and transversing from target to target. I know thats another thread. But something to think about.

(Perry County)

I hope I don't sound like a blasphemer but here goes. I can't shoot 1911s all that well. It is is one of those guns that I have to work very hard to shoot accurately. Berettas and Sigs, I can shoot little groups all day.

I have to imagine it has something to do with how it fits in my hand. It feels fine but there must be something in the way I hold it that ruins my consistency.

I had a Gold Cup and a P220 I bought on the same day when Harrisburg Sports was going out of business (oh the days of disposable income before kids). I thought that Gold Cup was going to be the shit. I shot rings around myself with the Sig vs. the Colt.

It makes me sad because I keep buying 1911s thinking this will be the one...and it never is. Maybe if I drop $3500 on a Volkmann, Wilson or Ed Brown? Oh wait, I have a Wilson/Colt race gun, still no better. I still want a Volmann Signature that I can stare at longingly and wish I could shoot it well.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I hope I don't sound like a blasphemer but here goes. I can't shoot 1911s all that well. It is is one of those guns that I have to work very hard to shoot accurately. Berettas and Sigs, I can shoot little groups all day.

I have to imagine it has something to do with how it fits in my hand. It feels fine but there must be something in the way I hold it that ruins my consistency.

I had a Gold Cup and a P220 I bought on the same day when Harrisburg Sports was going out of business (oh the days of disposable income before kids). I thought that Gold Cup was going to be the shit. I shot rings around myself with the Sig vs. the Colt.

It makes me sad because I keep buying 1911s thinking this will be the one...and it never is. Maybe if I drop $3500 on a Volkmann, Wilson or Ed Brown? Oh wait, I have a Wilson/Colt race gun, still no better. I still want a Volmann Signature that I can stare at longingly and wish I could shoot it well.
    It really boils down to what you're comfortable with. I personally shoot very well with 1911's. However, contrary to your situation, the one time I tried a Sig, I sucked with it. Just didn't like the way it felt, and that made it difficult to shoot well. Does that mean the Sig was a sub-par gun? No, of course not, Sigs are very good weapons, they're just not for me. I feel the same way about Glocks. I think they are a very good, accurate, reliable weapon, but I think they're super uncomfortable to hold and shoot. Not to mention too ugly to ever be allowed in my home.

When I had my Firestorm 380, I was actually very impressed with the accuracy... I was pegging bowling pins at about 30 yards with no problem... Doesn't sound great, but remember that the Firestorm only has a 3.5 inch barrel, and is quite snappy, although not bad for a tiny .380. But I put it in the hands of a friend of mine, who is a better pistol shooter than I, and he couldn't hit anything with it. Seriously, he emptied two mags and only hit one target, which he admitted was not the target he'd been aiming for on that shot.

Jumbo, you keep your Berettas and Sigs if they work well for you... More 1911's on the market for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast