Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Carrying at Sovereign Bank Stadium in York

I know that there have already been several threads on the subject, I have searched them and read them. I saw threads saying there are signs and a no weapons policy. I've also seen threads that say they couldn't find either. Also these threads are a little old.

I searched the Rev's website and came up empty handed. So once again I will ask the question. Has anyone had any issues with carrying concealed or otherwise to a Revs game recently? Have you seen any signs?

I appreciate the input. I do apologize if I am beating a dead horse.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Carrying at Sovereign Bank Stadium in York

Why not call the Rev's office and ask? Then we will all know for sure.

Don't ask and you have a defense. Call and ask, then you set yourself up for failure if you decide to carry anyway.

It's York for Gods sake. Hell, I would carry four guns much less one. I highly doubt its posted.

CL

(York County)

Definitely not going to call and ask permission. I guess that I will just have to go and see for myself. Hopefully I don't have to take it back to the car, My wife would never let me hear the end of it if I had to.

Or maybe I will just leave it home.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Don't ask and you have a defense. Call and ask, then you set yourself up for failure if you decide to carry anyway.

It's York for Gods sake. Hell, I would carry four guns much less one. I highly doubt its posted.

CL
    How would they know it was you who called? By the way, my place of employment is very near this location. Going in for emergency calls at 2am is scary. Not a nice place to be.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    How would they know it was you who called? By the way, my place of employment is very near this location. Going in for emergency calls at 2am is scary. Not a nice place to be.
    Not the point, at least for me. Once you've been told "don't come here armed", if you go there armed you're trespassing. Whether anyone realizes it or not.

On the other hand if you honestly don't know their policy before going, and there's no indication on your way in that they prohibit carrying on their premises, then you're not trespassing.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

I second the sentiment that I wouldn't be caught dead in York without at least one gun. Preferably two or more. Nighttime sucks once you get off the main road.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Bucks County)

Park is owned by York County...doesn't preemption come into play?

York County Industrial Development Authority.

The York County Commissioners created the YCIDA in 1967 pursuant to Pennsylvania's Economic Development Financing Law (formerly the Industrial & Commercial Development Authority Law), for the purpose of investing in local industrial parks and job creation. YCIDA is one of three governmental organizations in the YCEDC family.

The YCIDA has been involved in the creation of three industrial parks: the York County Industrial Park (YCIP), the York City Business and Industry Park (YCBIP), and the Penn Township Industrial Park (PTIP). York Container Company, The York Water Company, New Concept Manufacturing, Crispus Attucks, Penn Waste and Pennsylvania Pretzel Co. are just a few of the companies the YCIDA has assisted through tax-exempt financing programs.

The YCIDA is the developer and owner of the new baseball stadium located in downtown York. The stadium is leased to York Professional Baseball Club, LLC/York Revolution. Sovereign Bank Stadium opened on June 15, 2007, bringing professional baseball back to York after 36 years.

(York County)

I went today and cc my xd 40 service. No issues. There is a sign out front that says no weapons, however the brochure with the stadium rules that you receive inside says nothing about weapons of any sort.

(York County)

If they have a sign posted, does that really make someone carrying concealed a trespasser? I ask, because isn't trespassing with a firearm a more serious offense? Would this put one in jeopardy of losing a LTCF?

I thought you were not trespassing unless they asked/told you to leave and you refused. Prior to that would you not be a ticket-bearing patron?
    Last edited by TwistedCopper; April 28th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast