Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone here into rodeo.

I was wondering if anyone else here competed or does compete. I got into rodeo by accident when I was in college in the 90s. I mostly was a steer wrestler, but did some other events including bull riding.

I recently spoke with the current coach at my former school down south and he was asking me about help recruiting from our "neck of the woods" Anyone knows anyone in high school that rodeos and is intrested in going onto compete in college Pm me and I can get some details and vice versa.

Rodeo is the only sport I can think of that they still say a prayer before it begins.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone here into rodeo.

I used to ride bareback bronc and do a little team roping back in the mid 90's. Got beat up pretty bad and decided to quit before I got permanently dead. Don't ride horses anymore since I moved to the city.

(Clarion County)

Would much rather ride women !

That can be pretty rough sometimes. Dont believe me? Call a girl by the wrong name and see if you can hold on for 8 seconds? Even if you do after you get off you have a hookin coming.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Lancaster County)

I'm not into rodeo, but I do have a heater in my truck, and don't give a fuck.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Went to see my first rodeo 2 summers ago to watch it and had the best time.
    My 10 year old son loved it. So many neat events we liked the team roping the best.
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Would much rather ride women !
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    That can be pretty rough sometimes. Dont believe me? Call a girl by the wrong name and see if you can hold on for 8 seconds? Even if you do after you get off you have a hookin coming.
    I was lured here under false pretenses, I assumed that the subject of "reverse cowgirl" would be discussed.

I feel cheated.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

I wasn't, but when we lived out west my younger sister was training to do barrel racing and roping. But then she had an accident and shattered her arm while riding (well, technically, after falling OFF her ride), and she still to this day (20 or so years later) has an arm full enough of metal to make the airport scanners go off. hahaha.

I didn't know there was a lot of rodeo east of the Mississippi.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Quote Originally Posted by glock19girl View Post
    Went to see my first rodeo 2 summers ago to watch it and had the best time.
    My 10 year old son loved it. So many neat events we liked the team roping the best.
    If your boy really likes it they have somethig called chute doggin that is a younger version of steer wrestling where a steer is in a bucking shoot. You get in the shoot with the steer and when they open the gate you can throw the steer. Its pretty cool. You should have him check it out if he really likes it. Rodeo is probably the one sport you will not see any Obama 2012 bumper stickers at unless there is a target on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    I wasn't, but when we lived out west my younger sister was training to do barrel racing and roping. But then she had an accident and shattered her arm while riding (well, technically, after falling OFF her ride), and she still to this day (20 or so years later) has an arm full enough of metal to make the airport scanners go off. hahaha.

I didn't know there was a lot of rodeo east of the Mississippi.

Its not as popular, but the ozark region of college rodeo includes schools in alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky. PA, NY, VA, WV, IL and various other states have High school rodeo associations.

I only did it one year in college

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast