Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Price check on G34

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I believe they are the exact same frame, so it shouldn't be an issue. My 17 frame is not modified so I should be good to go.
    From everything that I've read, you cannot swap frames even if they are identical. In SSP, the slide that came on the frame is the only one that is 'stock'.

Edited to add links (took awhile because Brian Enos is real slow today... the forum, not the man)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...&#entry1405106

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...&#entry1211078
    Last edited by KelBench400; May 9th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KelBench400 View Post
    From everything that I've read, you cannot swap frames even if they are identical. In SSP, the slide that came on the frame is the only one that is 'stock'.

Edited to add links (took awhile because Brian Enos is real slow today... the forum, not the man)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...&#entry1405106

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...&#entry1211078

If my frame cracks and I buy a new frame how can I tell if it's a G17 frame or a G34 frame since they are the exact same frame? When I order a frame from Glock and they tell me it's the same for either gun then how will I ever be sure it's a 34 or 17 frame since they are exactly the same? I guess I would never be able to shoot SSP again with my gun.

This is stupid. According to the rules if my gun breaks I can use a backup that is the same platform. I could legally switch from a G34 to a G17 as long as they were stock pistols. If my G17 frame is bone stock, identical to the G34 frame what the hell is the difference? It's not cheating, it's just stupid.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    If my frame cracks and I buy a new frame how can I tell if it's a G17 frame or a G34 frame since they are the exact same frame? When I order a frame from Glock and they tell me it's the same for either gun then how will I ever be sure it's a 34 or 17 frame since they are exactly the same? I guess I would never be able to shoot SSP again with my gun.

This is stupid. According to the rules if my gun breaks I can use a backup that is the same platform. I could legally switch from a G34 to a G17 as long as they were stock pistols. If my G17 frame is bone stock, identical to the G34 frame what the hell is the difference? It's not cheating, it's just stupid.
    Believe, me I know how stupid the interpretation of the rule is. The reality is that at a local match no one will know or care. At a sanctioned match, you may be taking your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by KelBench400 View Post
    Believe, me I know how stupid the interpretation of the rule is. The reality is that at a local match no one will know or care. At a sanctioned match, you may be taking your chances.
    If it were cheating in any way I wouldn't do it. I want to beat everyone legally when they are having the best shooting day of their life otherwise it cheapens it. But this makes no logical sense and provides no advantage. I don't even think anyone could confirm it by serial numbers since if I buy a new frame, then what? Numbers don't match and you don't know what gun the frame was intended for G17 or G34. I really think this is not an issue.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12