Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal Issue

Default Re: Legal Issue

Quote Originally Posted by yetidave View Post
    Marriage is the single dumbest contract any man will ever sign.
    No offense bud...but, only if you pick a piece of shit to marry.

And as a happily married man, I can't help but take a slight bit of offense to your comment. My wife and I have been through some shit, and we never once stopped treating each other with the utmost respect, despite the problems at the time............Thats what marriage is about.

As for your old man, he's a piece of shit. I know all about pieces of shit people. I have a newborn son, and my mother can't get enough of him. My wifes mother, on the other hand... Can't even so much as be bothered to click the icon on her computer for her webcam to even see her grandson.......let alone come see him. So, she can go straight to hell.
    [account deactivated]

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post

And as a happily married man, I can't help but take a slight bit of offense to your comment.
    If you're happily married, why would you take even the slightest offense to a post on a message board?

And my name's not Bud. Bud.

(Bucks County)

And as a happily married man, I can't help but take a slight bit of offense to your comment. My wife and I have been through some shit, and we never once stopped treating each other with the utmost respect, despite the problems at the time............Thats what marriage is about.
    +rep!

I've been married for about 8 years now. We both treat each other with respect and love. I do have (what I consider) an unfair advantage though. Her first husband was a major league asshole. She is still sometimes shocked when I don't get upset over things she does. They are all nice things, but her ex used to flip his lid over them.

Upshot, OP, sorry you are having fallout, and good luck getting your firearms back. Hopefully you will eventually find someone who will be your ideal mate, and that your father will realize and try to atone for his mistake.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by yetidave View Post
    Transering ownership back to me implies that I relenquished ownership in the first place, which I did not...
    It's not neccesarily relinquishing OWNERSHIP - it's the custody and control. It's treated like dropping your guns at the LGS to get work done...if they stay overnight, the FFL must record them, and to get them back, you MUST have a successful PICS.

Crappy...and it sucks to be you right now, but be cool, get with GL001, you'll get squared away.

Best of luck, Dave.
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Lehigh County)

No offense bud...but, only if you pick a piece of shit to marry.

And as a happily married man, I can't help but take a slight bit of offense to your comment. My wife and I have been through some shit, and we never once stopped treating each other with the utmost respect, despite the problems at the time..........
    Don't get too uppity and sure of yourself. I was three months away from being married to my wife for 26 years when one day she announced out of the blue, "I want a divorce and my lawyer says that I'm entitled to half!"

Ever hear of menopause? I know lots of marriages that didn't survive that so if your not through that yet you're not through being schooled. As for the piece of shit comment, I take offense to that. My wife was no piece of shit and I don't consider her one to this day. Would I ever marry her or anyone else again? No way. Now the rental that I mentioned, there is a POS.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

You guys need to pay attention.

Look what I quoted. He said getting married is the single dumbest contract a man will ever sign. Well,...why is it so dumb? I have to assume by all of the stuff he said that this is a real pain in the ass for him, especially since his old man tried to push the law against him.

The reason for my little story about myself and my wife was that even if we were to split up. It wouldn't be a problem. How do I know that? Because ONE of the times we had some problems WAS because we were talking about splitting up. Yet we still didn't have bad thoughts about each other and we didn't get immature and greedy about it. I told her she could have everything and she told me the same back. And she said well...we'll just split it. So getting divorced seemed about as easy as it was to get married. And since we talked about getting divorced (I'm not going to go into the whole story, its far to long and complicated, and personal) our marriage has been stronger and better than ever. And I'm glad we did have that little problem, because if we didn't, we wouldn't be enjoying the good tidings our relationship has to offer now.

I can think of a lot of other things I did with my life that were a COMPLETE waste and were much more of a pain in the ass than getting married were. I take offense because your calling us stupid. By us, I mean the people that choose to act like mature, respectful adults to one another. Clearly that didn't happen with you, or the guy above me with the 26 year marriage. Or it wouldn't have been such a shock that his wife just says that out of the blue. I don't think us happily married people are the stupid ones.

And also.

Why would I take the slightest offense? Well...notice I said "slight" as in...I didn't like it and thought it was silly. I didn't get all fired up over it. We don't like things we see and hear all the time.

And for the "Bud" comment....really?........really? Did you actually just say your names not "Bud"....thats the kinda shit kids pull. "My names not Buddy" , "Don't call me your brother" blah blah blah. I can see why you had such problems if you get so pissed over so little.

--------------------------

And to the guy that posted above me.......your telling me your wife after 26 years just up and says she wants a divorce and says she gets half and you don't think ill of her? Thats pretty shitty man. She thinks all of this stuff for so long and she doesn't respect you enough to even talk to you about wanting to split up. She gets armed up enough to even consult a lawyer than sneek attacks you like that? That woman has ZERO respect for you and I'd kick her to the curb and not look back. You don't need that crap. I think you need to take off the rose colored glasses my man.

neither one of you said anything worth taking to the bank
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; May 8th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    [account deactivated]

It seems to me when they are taking weapons and a ccw for PBA there are serious issues. How is due process done if they just assume someone is an abuser and takes their guns? There are some jerks out there,but there are many scorned women too.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    It seems to me when they are taking weapons and a ccw for PBA there are serious issues. How is due process done if they just assume someone is an abuser and takes their guns? There are some jerks out there,but there are many scorned women too.
    If your implying what I think you may be implying...then I agree. This guy is trying to project himself lily white and I don't think he is. He's already shown himself to be petty and quick to react without thinking both in this thread and with his story telling.

He's on the phone with a guy from the sheriffs and the guy is explaining the procedure to get his guns and he immediately stops the guy and gives him shit about a instant PICS check. I mean......WTF good is that going to do? If you don't like it, thank the man on the phone politely and call your lawyer. WHat good is giving the guy on the phone shit? What good at all? Like hes just going to say "oh, your right, never mind the PICS check" And even if you do go through with the PICS check......big freaking deal. Your in trouble once, maybe you got in trouble again....and they want to check before they give you your guns back. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying, I can understand why they do those things.

So yeah. Like most stories I read on here, this stuff sounds fishy. From what I've seen, even in situations where the cops are dead wrong. If you exercise a little common sense and flexibility yourself, you can still avoid most of the shit I read about on this forum that people go through.

What I consider good pieces of advice are; pick your battles, know when to 'lay down your hand', be polite, and don't do anything to stand out. If you do all of that, you'll be ready, willing, and able to come back and fight the battle properly. Being a jackass only throws gasoline on the fire.
    [account deactivated]

(Indiana County)

I thought that you could give your firearms to someone else legally allowed to possess them if served with a PFA or to a FFL?

Is this true, just lore or only go to the police?

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I thought that you could give your firearms to someone else legally allowed to possess them if served with a PFA or to a FFL?

Is this true, just lore or only go to the police?
    There's a process for being certified to hold such guns, and it can be a criminal offense to take the guns without getting the sheriff's approval.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast