Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs down Jones Gun Shop Allentown, PA

Gentlemen, this is a buyer beware post to all that are from Lehigh Valley Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area NOT to do business with Russell Jones of Jones Gun Shop in Allentown, PA.

Back in March I paid and purchased a BRP Corp supressor for my STG-76 SMG and talked with Russell Jones for doing a FFL/SOT transfer for me which he agreed to do. However he did one odd thing and that was to pay for upfront $160 (normal transfers are $100) for the transfer and secondly RUSSELL JONES DOES NOT HAVE A 2012 SOT LICENSE.

Russell Jones knowlenly took my money upfront, knowing full well he could not process my purchase until July 1st (with his 2013 SOT) and that is if he applies for his 2013 SOT and leading me all along by saying his 'paperwork' from ATF is 'in the mail'.

I currently went to another FFL to handle the transfer and I can not wait until Mr. Jones notifies me when he finally gets his SOT. Please Mr. Jones if your reading this we have a lot to talk about.

One VERY PISSED off customer.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Jones Gun Shop Allentown, PA

Not being critical; just making a recommendation for our viewers at home:

There is nothing wrong with asking a dealer to see his license credentials to verify the state of the dealer's current licensure. It is a requirement that the license be posted conspicuously in the premises.

Best of luck rectifying the matter.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lehigh County)

Perhaps I'm going a bit overboard but I blew $160 bucks on pretty much a liar. It was a lesson learned and want everyone else to learn from my mistake. I was unaware of the FFL/SOT posting on business property. I will keep that in mind for next time. I don't don't expect a resolution in this matter because someone that pulls that kind of shady deal does it for a living. I'm just a type of guy when it comes to asking for any type of firearms paperwork I don't get the "who are you, the ATF" bit.

Now I know better. Thanks,

It would not have occurred to me to demand the FFL. Russ Jones has been in business forever, and has been haunted by tales of odd conduct for about as long. But all the dealings I've had with him went acceptably, albeit the last thing I bought from him was maybe 20 years ago. But I've had dealings on behalf of others, and they went fine.

If he held himself out as a dealer then I would have assumed that he was still a dealer. If that was part of the deal, then he might want to return any "dealer fee" paid rather than explain his practices to ATF, which really, really frowns on unlicensed dealing.

I've never even used the ATF EZ-check site, so I don't know what's involved in verifying an FFL by name, or if it's even possible. In fact, it looks like you need the FFL number, or at least parts of it:
    https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    Perhaps I'm going a bit overboard but I blew $160 bucks on pretty much a liar.
    I don't think you are. He did lie to you. He led you to believe it would all be honky doory, and turned around and did this.

Personally, I would be getting my money back. If I had to show up with a lawyer, and an ATF agent, I would be getting the money back.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Perry County)

http://www.fflregistry.com/FFL-Deale...nes/43772.html

Looking him up on EZ Check, he does appear to be covered by a letter of continuing authorization.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Cumberland County)

Exclamation Re: Jones Gun Shop Allentown, PA

squirrel bait. i,ll leave it at that.

(Lehigh County)

Russell Jones never mentioned anything about not being able to do the transfer for me when I paid him $160 3-7-12. Brian Poling from BRP Corp tried contacting him as did I after the fact and only then did the stories begin. I have found out through other FFL's that the ATF starts sending out the applications for the 2013 year starting sometime in May. This means he thinks I do not know this info and will be stringing me along until July 1 when at that time the 2013 SOT become effective. I will wait until around that time and if nothing becomes of it I will contact ATF and get down to the nitty gritty.

This does not sit well with me guys.

(Bucks County)

did you ask him to refund your 160 dollars? i know hindsite is 20/20 but i would never pay up front for a transfer.

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Jones Gun Shop Allentown, PA

Yeah I thought that was a little odd by paying upfront but didn't give it much thought due to never having a problem (for the most part) when it comes to the firearms community. No I have not asked for my money back as of yet. I was going to wait until his gets his SOT (if he does) and try to contact BRP Corp to see what happened to it. Going to spin a web and see if I can trap him in it. As the old saying goes actions speak louder than words.

Basically I want to see if he is going to pay 3 months for his 2012 SOT or wait the July 1st for his 2013. I'm beting on the latter. If that was the case I will have caught him in his own lie because he said back in March the ATF is in the process of mailing his SOT paperwork out to him which is a crock of shit. No FFL would pay $500 for 3 months of SOT transfers when you could wait 6 weeks and start using your 2013 SOT starting July 1st.

The guy is simply a scubbag. Stay away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast