Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Diamond Back Arms

Diamond Back pistols. Anyone have one ? Do you like it ? Pros, cons, thoughts ? My wife is thinking about getting their 9mm for a carry piece but I'm not familiar with them
    Jesus is Lord !

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Diamond Back Arms

Hi Steelerfan,

I used to own the Diamondback DB380, and have shot the DB9 once. I did not have any issues with my DB380, it cycled ammo fine. It was pretty snappy for a 380 though due to it being very light and small. I no longer own it as I found for ME, the grip angle was not great and I did not like that that the slide did not lock back.

Now, for the DB9 - you really may want to try and see if she can shoot one before buying. The recoil is pretty severe - the worst I have felt on any micro 9. Follow up shots were not as quick due to this tiny gun bouncing around in your hand when shooting. This little pistol is not one I would want to practice on a lot due to hand pain. Also, same grip angle as the DB380 (this may not be an issue for her though). I can't recall 100% but I think the DB9 also does not lock back the slide after the last round. I have read about some poeple having FTF / FTE issues with the DB9 but really there are plenty of these reports for most of these micro 9's.

I think there may be better options out there (most slightly larger than the DB9 as I think it is the smallest 9 out there) like the S&W Shield, Kahr CM9, Ruger LC9, Baretta Nano etc.

Good Luck!
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott T; May 7th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

(Northampton County)

Plenty of opinions both ways here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=655444

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Diamond Back pistols. Anyone have one ? Do you like it ? Pros, cons, thoughts ? My wife is thinking about getting their 9mm for a carry piece but I'm not familiar with them
    I have one of the 380s. It took a lot of breaking in to get it reliable. It is fairly snappy compared with the Sig P238, but not quite as snappy as the little Kel Tecs and Kahrs. It took about 600 rounds plus a lot of cleaning and about 1000 dry fires to get everything worn in. Before that, I had about 1 FTE or FTF in every two or three magazines worth of firing. I still won't carry it because I'll always have that little piece of nagging doubt. I do carry my P238.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Franklin County)

Iv been wanting a DB380 for the 32NAA convertions. They seem to be hit or miss firearms. Per the company, they suggest hotter 380s. Personally, I have to wonder why they sell a gun that they only want you to run hot stuff through. Seems backwards from normal logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the input, I've been hearing the same things & I want my wife to enjoy shooting the gun & not have recoil problems or jams. I like the Shield though they're hard to come by, she also liked the Shield,plus the Kahr CM9 & Ruger LC9 as well & she likes the CT Laserguard a lot better than the laser on the Shield or the Lasermax on some of the others because of the activation switch. Looks like we're going to take a ride to Tanners Sat. & see what they have
    Jesus is Lord !

(Allegheny County)

I have had them both I dumped the 380 because it had a lot of jams but was the best feeling most accurate small 380 I have ever owned. I currently have the db9 it's the smallest 9 out there, very accurate with GREAT sights for a gun that size and it feels GREAT in the hand. I had an initial trigger problem which was fixed. If you want a comfortable true pocket gun this is it but there have been problems and they don't make a crimson trace for it.
    I am 6'1" 280 IMO a KAHR cm9 or pM9 is not a pocket gun plus the 250 round break in is a good way to hassle the buyer on the warranty, have been there done that not again. I have mixed feelings on the DB9,when I have problems with a gun my confidence goes down the drain but I still own it because other than a Rohrbaugh I believe it's the only true pocket 9. I would buy an LC9 if I wanted a big gun to put in my pocket. Ruger has GREAT customer service with no BS in my experience, although I have only used it once on a off center 10/22 brass tipped front sight. The new Sig is coming out which is something I am interested in but at $800 I don't know if I will buy it. JMO
    Last edited by bman1187; May 7th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks for the input, I've been hearing the same things & I want my wife to enjoy shooting the gun & not have recoil problems or jams. I like the Shield though they're hard to come by, she also liked the Shield,plus the Kahr CM9 & Ruger LC9 as well & she likes the CT Laserguard a lot better than the laser on the Shield or the Lasermax on some of the others because of the activation switch. Looks like we're going to take a ride to Tanners Sat. & see what they have
    A few words of advice, go early! They're swamped generally after 10:30 on Saturday.

Avoid the DB products, I believe your preferred retailer has
    stopped stocking them due to consistently poor reliability.

Lastly, whomever ends up helping you - ask for Rob Gregory, I'd love to shake your hand. I have greatly enjoyed your posts the last few years!
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RHGregory3 View Post
    A few words of advice, go early! They're swamped generally after 10:30 on Saturday.

Avoid the DB products, I believe your preferred retailer has
    stopped stocking them due to consistently poor reliability.

Lastly, whomever ends up helping you - ask for Rob Gregory, I'd love to shake your hand. I have greatly enjoyed your posts the last few years!
    Yes, I got an email from Ray today stating hr no longer carries them because of too many problems & poor customer service. I will definitely ask for you, thanks
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lancaster County)

im 5'8" 145 and a cm9 fits my pocket just fine and that sweet ass trigger spanks the pants off every other one that size except for the 1911ish sigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast