Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old S&W

(Cumberland County)

Default Old S&W

Picked up a nice old S&W safety hammerless. Gun has been shortened I believe and definitly refinished but got a good price on it and it looks sweet imo Took her out today, first time shooting a lemon squeezer with 38 S&W round - fun little gun ! Nice fireball and puff with every shot, surprisingly accurate and zero issues with 50 rounds - locks up tight. Great, now I'm going to start buying old revolvers too !!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Old S&W

very nice little pistols, not really defensive stuff, but fun to shoot! I love the classic pocket pistols and have a couple small revolvers and a collection of savage pistols from the era.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Westmoreland County)

That is a pretty cool old S&W. Nice to see you shooting it. Congrats!

(Delaware County)

That is a great little gun, I'd love to have one in my collection.

Are the trigger and top latch case colored or blue?

Thanks for sharing it,

Kobsw

(Delaware County)

In its day, it was quite the defensive gun. It beat the old lemmon squezzer 32s.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    That is a great little gun, I'd love to have one in my collection.

Are the trigger and top latch case colored or blue?

Thanks for sharing it,

Kobsw
    By the looks of them, I'd say they were case colored before the gun was refinished. The finish overall is nice, but to me, the trigger and latch look just a tad different like they were case colored at one point - if that makes sense.

(Elk County)

Congrats on the old hammerless DA breaktop snubbie, Cruzans. That's a cool looking little piece right there.

Puts me to mind of a little 38 S&W in my own stable, a very British-looking if not British-inspired American-made H&R 925 "Defender:"

(Not a photo of mine, but mine's identical and looks out of the box new)

Despite its looks and short sight radius, this thing hits POA out to 25 yds, and is remarkably controllable in DA fire. I was flabbergasted the first time I fired it.

Your S&W is far more "sexy" than the H&R.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Picked up a nice old S&W safety hammerless. Gun has been shortened I believe and definitly refinished but got a good price on it and it looks sweet imo Took her out today, first time shooting a lemon squeezer with 38 S&W round - fun little gun ! Nice fireball and puff with every shot, surprisingly accurate and zero issues with 50 rounds - locks up tight. Great, now I'm going to start buying old revolvers too !!!!

show off

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Congrats on the old hammerless DA breaktop snubbie, Cruzans. That's a cool looking little piece right there.

Puts me to mind of a little 38 S&W in my own stable, a very British-looking if not British-inspired American-made H&R 925 "Defender:"

(Not a photo of mine, but mine's identical and looks out of the box new)

Despite its looks and short sight radius, this thing hits POA out to 25 yds, and is remarkably controllable in DA fire. I was flabbergasted the first time I fired it.

Your S&W is far more "sexy" than the H&R.

Noah
    I've been looking for a mint condition 925 for years! How the heck did you come across that?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Just had a 100+ year old K frame in 32-20 delivered on my C&R, made between 1908 and 1910 from Roy Jink's book. Still a major amount of nickel left and simply a little bit of pitting in the barrel. 32-20 brass arrived from Starline, dies from Lee and 115 grain semi-wads from a local caster, so now that I am not going to be traveling for a bit, will have some fun. Those old S&Ws are still much better looking than "combat tupperware" and if you need more than 6 you should not be there!! Dave_n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast