Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

(Carbon County)

Default Neighbors dog trespassing, need advice

I need some advice on what to do, we purchased our current home in late 2009 and since then we have continuously had problems with our irresponsible neighbor letting there dog trespass on our property, we have heard there apologies 20+ times.

We have spoken to the husband and wife about this ordeal on many occasions and given them many times to mend this problem.

The dog consistently gets loose and runs over to our property, barks at us and our dog in a aggressive manner. So my question is can I defend myself and my family without getting into any trouble?
    Last edited by 600hpz31; May 4th, 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
    "Be aware of you surroundings"

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Neighbors dog trespassing, need advice

Contact your local PD, they'll either come out and speak to the owners or shoot the dog themselves.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Contact your local PD, they'll either come out and speak to the owners or shoot the dog themselves.
    Thank you for the advice streaker, Is there any legal whopla I could get into if I shot this dog?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 600hpz31 View Post
    Thank you for the advice streaker, Is there any legal whopla I could get into if I shot this dog?

I don't have any legal advice for you. But I will tell you this.

If anyone shot my dog for barking or tresspassing they'd be catching a bullet themselves. Murder rap or not.

/My dog barks agressively at my neighbors all the time. Though I would never let me dog tresspass on a neighbors property and he is a fenced yard. My advice to my neighbors is if you don't like it move.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by khankewycz View Post

If anyone shot my dog for barking or tresspassing they'd be catching a bullet themselves. Murder rap or not.
    So you're willing to commit murder over your dog? Nice to know.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So you're willing to commit murder over your dog? Nice to know.
    A humans life is no more valuable then my dogs especially when being shot over what is basically nothing. Sorry.

(Montgomery County)

/My dog barks agressively at my neighbors all the time. Though I would never let me dog tresspass on a neighbors property and he is a fenced yard. My advice to my neighbors is if you don't like it move.
    I'm an animal lover just like you. I've owned and rescued several animals over the years. I even donate money to animal-based causes. But at the end of the day, they are still animals and we are still people. Based on your post, you are placing an animal's life above a persons. There is something really wrong with that. You also mentioned about having your neighbors move if they don't like the barking. I'm wondering who lived there first, your dog or the neighbors.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Carbon County)

Whoa whoa whoa, one thing you may want to realize is that if "your dog" would never trespass, we would never have to get to the point of "shooting, pepper spray or etc". Your taking this to another level by not rectifying a clear issue on your part, which would start this whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by 600hpz31 View Post
    Don't shoot the dog...just because it is barking does not mean it is a threat.

It sounds like you need to have a firm talk with your neighbor and be clear that you are tired of the excuses and apologies, and that their dog coming onto your property is not acceptable.

If that fails call the cops the next time the dog is in your yard and report it as a stray...maybe if their dog takes a trip to the pound it may force them to become responsible pet owners.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Don't shoot the dog...just because it is barking does not mean it is a threat.

It sounds like you need to have a firm talk with your neighbor and be clear that you are tired of the excuses and apologies, and that their dog coming onto your property is not acceptable.

If that fails call the cops the next time the dog is in your yard and report it as a stray...maybe if their dog takes a trip to the pound it may force them to become responsible pet owners.
    I wont be shooting this dog, he will be pepper sprayed or sprayed with deer scent

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast