Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Wink Re: Neighbors dog trespassing, need advice

simple solution put up a fence to keep the dog out of your yard . a good fence makes good neighbors

Default Re: Neighbors dog trespassing, need advice

go to tractor supply company and buy this http://www.tractorsupply.com/zareba-...harger-1026380 a roll of copper wire and some short stakes, string it about 1 foot off of the ground and you are good.

Many years ago we had a similar problem. I got tired of cleaning up the dog crap and started leaving hard boiled eggs out for the dog to eat. It didn't take long for the neighbors to figure out their dog was always gassy and stinking up their house from something it was eating in our yard. I didn't dislike the dog and she sure did love those eggs.

Tractor Supply also sells Critter Ridder in both granular and spray formulas. It is a pepper based product that most animals do not like. Some of this along your property line may work.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Many years ago we had a similar problem. I got tired of cleaning up the dog crap and started leaving hard boiled eggs out for the dog to eat. It didn't take long for the neighbors to figure out their dog was always gassy and stinking up their house from something it was eating in our yard. I didn't dislike the dog and she sure did love those eggs.
    Pure genius...

(McKean County)

Boiled eggs, priceless!!

Your tax dollars support some form of animal control. Make your taxes work for you.

Heck, I bet they see the animal control truck once or twice in the neighborhood they might get the message.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    you gotta admit it is not the dogs fault. the owners are the ones that need trained. imo i would call the leo,s every time the dog trespasses. after the owners deal with law a few times and they are inconvenienced maybe they will be trained to control the dog. worst case scenario bait him and turn him over to spca.
    Exactly what he said. Please shoot the dog unless you are truly in fear for your safety or that your family. Call the cops and SPCA every time. They will get the hint -- hopefully.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Tractor Supply also sells Critter Ridder in both granular and spray formulas. It is a pepper based product that most animals do not like. Some of this along your property line may work.
    You know, I considered that for our trash-neighbor who allows her 6+ cats to roam and shit, and spray all over MY property instead of keeping them indoors.

Why the hell should I spend my hard-earned money on products to keep HER property off MY property?

People need to contain their animals. Period.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Neighbors dog trespassing, need advice

Water balloons! Throw water balloons to the doggie. It's hot out, he'll like it. Make it a daily game for a week or two. Then, when he really gets into it, lob one to him that you have filled with 'doe in heat' scent. He'll run home and your neighbors will absolutely adore you for teaching them a valuable lesson!
    Or, go with the hard boiled eggs idea. Much safer!

(Northampton County)

My wife and I had a similar problem with our neighbors. We and our neighbors own dogs, and we don't generally mind if their dogs get loose on occasion, but they were getting "loose" all the time because they were never being watched/leashed when they were let outside to do their business. We had a fence up but their dogs would dig under it.

After many fruitless conversations with our neighbors, my wife bought some "liquid fence" stuff. It's about $13 for a decent sized bottle. The stuff smells like peppers and garlic, but most dogs hate the smell. We sprayed some along the fence line and it seems to work well if you don't mind re-applying it after the rain.

Finally, they got into our yard and I caught them marking our yard. Well, enough is enough so I sprayed them directly with the spray. They couldn't get home fast enough and never came back. The neighbors were pissed, but they finally got the message that they really needed to start watching their dogs better.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast